Achiever: how does it compare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asckwan

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know most of you say that it's much harder than the actual DAT SNS wise, but how much harder? I just took the second one today and to put it in "DAT" terms, Mother Nature might as well not have given me a primative gut, for my a** is getting kicked so hard by Achiever, I have no gastrointestinal tract left... :(

Members don't see this ad.

I know, I was wondering the same thing. Those questions are ridiculous. The real thing better not be like that!!!!!!!

don't use dat achiever to predict your actual scores, use it just to study the questions they ask and learn them. topscore is harder than the real dat too. the real dat don't ask more than 3 biochemistry questions in the orgo section, or too many complicated calculations in general chem. dat achiever is way harder than topscore, so dont' worry about your scores.

hi everyone, I'm taking the DAT on 7/14 - would you recommend DAT Achiever or Topscore as a study tool? I read some posts saying that DAT Achiever was more difficult and Topscore was more realistic. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
well i'd say acheiver is harder.. but i wouldn't say it was THAT much harder! I certaintly did not think it was ridiculous! I scored about the same on acheiver as I did on topscore actually. Topscore isn't much more difficult than the real thing either. I thought they were both great study tools.

I wouldn't use these to help predict your scores unless you take them at the very end of your studying.. I for example, took the exams as more of a study tool 1-2 weeks into studying and scores in the 13-17's.. in the end tho, I got some twenties!

Like many people have said: if you can, use BOTH acheiver and topscore. good luck guys!

I'm taking the dat on 7/20 and I have been using DAT Acheiver along with DAT Destroyer and kaplan. I must say that I do very well on the kaplan practice exams. Yet, when I take the DAT Achiever I find much more difficult! My scores actually vary by a couple of points between the two....its tough to get a good gage how i'm doing or what the real thing will be like