Achiever+PAT=Death

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

domonas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I got a 17 and 18 on the PAT sections of the first 2 tests... but i was totally FRIED by the end of each! Are the real ones as difficult? I esp. found the hole punch and folding sections difficult! Please, ease the anxiety!

Members don't see this ad.

From what i heard from people, PAT on the real DAT is a bit easier. Also my kaplan teacher told me that hole punching and cube counting are same difficulty as the real one compared to the kaplan PAT. hope that helps

Read the email that the achiever creators send you or do a search on these forums. This question has been asked and addressed numerous times. And by numerous I mean almost everyday.

You are in good shape, no worries.

don't worry i'm totally spent after taking the acheiver too, i just took one and got a 16, -_- i'm getting like 21+ on kaplan /topscore, good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
i also just took the DAT achiever. on kaplan, my scores range from 23-25. on achiever, i got a 17, and barely finished on time. i certainly hope the actual isnt this hard, but from the post i read on sdn, it seems like achiever is a little harder. gl.

I just took achiever and I had to guess on about half of them...i got a 16. I really hope the real dat is like topscore..except for the angles. On topscore I was getting 18-19.

Just finished the DAT. The Achiever is far harder. OK, so I only got a 18 (66%) on the PAT Section but it felt far easier than the Achiever.

The first two sections were so easy on the DAT I was scared I was missing something. I spent way too long on them because I was sure it should be harder. I ended up running out of time and rushing the rest. The holes were pretty easy, cubes as normal as with folding. Angles were even OK for the most part.

All in all, the exam was not bad. Just take the dammed thing and be done with it.

domonas said:
Ok, I got a 17 and 18 on the PAT sections of the first 2 tests... but i was totally FRIED by the end of each! Are the real ones as difficult? I esp. found the hole punch and folding sections difficult! Please, ease the anxiety!

Yes Achiever's PAT is a KILLER!!! Normally I average 25 with Kaplan, but for my first two Achiever's I can't get past that 20 mark. :eek:

the angles on the real DAT are hard. there is only a 1 degree difference between them. it was hard for me, but i dunno....that's just me....i just suck at angles.