Achiever PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mh0000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got achiever and took the the sciences and PAT of the first achiever test. I scored an 18 on the PAT, and I'm wondering what people were getting on achiever's PAT in comparison to their real PAT score. Also, what is up with the terrible pixelation of achiever's angles? Are the angles on the DAT rendered properly, or are they like achiever?

EDIT: I'm aiming for a 20 (I'll be happy with a 19 though) on the real PAT

EDIT2: Also, I haven't taken the RC of achiever yet, but in regards to the length and style of the passages, how does it relate to the real DAT? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I just got achiever and took the the sciences and PAT of the first achiever test. I scored an 18 on the PAT, and I'm wondering what people were getting on achiever's PAT in comparison to their real PAT score. Also, what is up with the terrible pixelation of achiever's angles? Are the angles on the DAT rendered properly, or are they like achiever?

EDIT2: Also, I haven't taken the RC of achiever yet, but in regards to the length and style of the passages, how does it relate to the real DAT? thanks

I've been getting owned by achiever's keyhole section :/

I got 16, 18, and 18 on Achiever's PAT tests and on the real thing I got a 22. Achiever is TOUGH. Achiever RC is even tougher because of the way the passages are written and the way the questions are asked.

For PAT, I got 19, 20, 18 on the three tests version. On the real deal I got 20...which I thought was a little lower than I expected because I did feel like the real deal was a little easier (except the angels). Angles on the real DAT were hard but i thought the images were clear. I guess overall Achiever was pretty indicative of my score.

RC...I got 15, 16, 14 TROLL. On the real deal, 17. I was never a good test taker when it comes to reading a bunch of things. But I do think that Achiever tests are more difficult than the real test...the reason being that Achiever requires comprehension from different paragraphs for ONE question and there were a lot more inference questions on Achiever than the real test. If you can't read that fast, finding where those key ideas are is already a problem. However, though, on the real deal, transitions were more recognizable and passages were easier to read. If you can score 18-20+ on Achiever, I think you'd be in good shape.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
the first time i took the dat it was hard because they had the oldschool crt monitors. by my retake they had replaced them with high resolution monitors and it made a world of difference for the angles.

Achiever is much harder than the real thing. I got 17, 18 and 18 on their PAT but I got a 21 on the real DAT. Also the test itself is much harder, I never got higher than a 17TS on their exams yet I got 22 TS on the real thing.

I would recommend taking the whole test together though, not splitting it into sections. Being used to the length and intensity of the exam will make you more prepared for test day. Sitting through the 4 to 5 hours of steady work is something you need to train your brain for. Breaking up achiever and taking it in different sections I think takes away from its usefulness as a full practice exam.

good luck! stay positive and confident!