Achiever Practice test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nydentist32

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so im going to take one today. Which test should i take i hear they're all different difficulties

Members don't see this ad.

3 is a little tougher than 1 and 2 but if your taking an achiever test prepare yourself for a beating. These tests are more difficult than the real DAT and really stretch the fringes of what you will be tested on. They are good motivation but can be depressing if you are getting very close to your testing date

ok so im going to take one today. Which test should i take i hear they're all different difficulties

Expect to do bad. All tests are difficult depending on the section. DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. If anything, use these tests for timing and getting used to a four hour test, do not allow this program to judge your progress or knowledge on the material. I got 16s and 17s on a lot of the sections, and got atleast 4 points higher on EVERY section (except QR). The RC is ridiculous on there, I was getting 15s I think so use another source if you want to practice. ONLY section that is comparable is it's QR.

Seriously though, do NOT let it put down your confidence if youre close to your test date. I got depressed my last 3 days before the test that I didnt even want to study anymore because I had done so poorly on them. After taking them, go over what you missed and move on, do not beat yourself up over this program. Good luck!

wow i just got raped by test 2. I figured go hard the first time by taking test 2 then take test 1 tomm. But yeah i got crushed 15s across the board except pat with a 17 and rc with an 16

Members don't see this ad :)
that was such a horrible idea of mine...Kinda bugging out a lil now since im scoring lower than a lot of ppl did on achiever

Expect to do bad. All tests are difficult depending on the section. DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. If anything, use these tests for timing and getting used to a four hour test, do not allow this program to judge your progress or knowledge on the material. I got 16s and 17s on a lot of the sections, and got atleast 4 points higher on EVERY section (except QR). The RC is ridiculous on there, I was getting 15s I think so use another source if you want to practice. ONLY section that is comparable is it's QR.

Seriously though, do NOT let it put down your confidence if youre close to your test date. I got depressed my last 3 days before the test that I didnt even want to study anymore because I had done so poorly on them. After taking them, go over what you missed and move on, do not beat yourself up over this program. Good luck!

its next tuesday. I still have one more kaplan practice test #3 and two more achiever tests 1 and 3.(did number 2 today) and have 3 more datqvaults and 3 more cdp

Yeah, don't let achiever get you down. I only did the sciences, PAT and RC, but feel that the only thing good about achiever is its PAT. Only pattern folding did I feel was comparable to the real PAT. The rest of achiever PAT was more difficult and much more complex. For the RC, only use achiever to practice timing your reading. You will find that the real RC is still simpler to read and will exhibit greater fluidity. The questions are also easier to understand. Although, I did find that you do need to know some "big/uncommon" words in order to answer some of the real RC questions. I actually liked achiever's science section, but I will admit that as a whole, it is not representative. Although I feel that for my dat bio, you have to apply knowledge just as often as you have to simply recall facts.

i just finished going over the test and mostly all of the stuff that i missed was either i read the question wrong or a real odd ball question like sum ICE question in gen chem or a reverse theo yeild question or in bio some question about spirogyra asexual fragmentation

Like mh0000 said, the PAT is great practice other than CDP, but it will be nowhere near as hard on the keyholes. The keyholes on achiever are alot about the sizes of sides which is similar to the real thing, but achievers questions are much harder.

Like mh0000 said, the PAT is great practice other than CDP, but it will be nowhere near as hard on the keyholes. The keyholes on achiever are alot about the sizes of sides which is similar to the real thing, but achievers questions are much harder.

clancy how big was the font for the RC section? as big as CDR or like Achiever? Hopefully bigger than Topscore