achiever vs real dat!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reliefe123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so ive been getting 16's across the board on achiever and i hear some people on sdn telling people that it represents the real exam...bull...cause some questions were like destroyer, if not harder. plus...i think that achiever and destroyer are only used as practice tests that are only timed for your convenience...what do you think??

Members don't see this ad.

the achiever is significantly harder than the real test. I was getting okay scores, but my distributions were not good. I had a couple of those (16, 17, or 18s) and they made me so scared to take the DAT (esp since I was taking these tests a couple days before my actual test)

So don't worry about it. It's better if you are practicing with harder tests, just make sure you learn from all the mistakes from achiever, that is how I benefitted!

so again, don't worry about it. A lot of people here even got lower scores on the achiever tests, and then ended up doing well on the actual DAT

so ive been getting 16's across the board on achiever and i hear some people on sdn telling people that it represents the real exam...bull...cause some questions were like destroyer, if not harder. plus...i think that achiever and destroyer are only used as practice tests that are only timed for your convenience...what do you think??

Yes achiever is only a practice test. I don't think that anyone ever claimed that the tests were actual DAT tests. I haven't taken the DAT, but I could see it being very similar in difficulty to the achiever. The destroyer isn't meant to be a test either. Use it as a resource. Know why every right answer is right and why every wrong answer is wrong. Do the same thing with every practice test you take. If you think that achiever was not like the real thing because it resembles the destroyer, wouldn't that make sense since the destroyer is one of the best prep materials to prepare you for the real DAT? Just my thoughts on it.