Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know what the mechanism is for the frontal bossing in achrondroplasia?
Having done some searching around, I just see it listed as a feature of the condition, not any real mechanism listed. I could imagine that is a response to hematopoetic demands from smaller than normal long bones (and consequently small amounts of marrow), but presumably achrondroplasia reduces the total blood volume a bit as well. It could be something to do with a feedback response for some some other endocrine/growth signaling, or something mixed.
Thoughts?
Having done some searching around, I just see it listed as a feature of the condition, not any real mechanism listed. I could imagine that is a response to hematopoetic demands from smaller than normal long bones (and consequently small amounts of marrow), but presumably achrondroplasia reduces the total blood volume a bit as well. It could be something to do with a feedback response for some some other endocrine/growth signaling, or something mixed.
Thoughts?