Acidity to Reactivity

Started by xjoey20x
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

X

xjoey20x

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know the answer to this one is A.

Is acidity inversely related to acidity.

Since acids are the stable, I am assuming that weak acids will react faster.

Is this logic correct?

So reactivity would go 3,4,2,1 right?
3a2643035e9f6387265437b9ac16aebd.png
 
Reactivity depends on reaction. You can't talk about reactivity without having a reaction. For instance, in an acid-base reaction, I would be most reactive. For reactivity at the carbon attached to the heteroatom, I would also be the most reactive because it has the more electronegative atom attached via double bond to a carbon, rendering that carbon very electrophilic. The formation of the acid activates the carbonyl, making it more reactive by increasing the positive charge on the carbon (draw resonance form).