Acls renewal online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PpfSuxTube

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done their acls renewal totally online? I see websites offering this. Do hospitals accept this? Is it legit?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone done their acls renewal totally online? I see websites offering this. Do hospitals accept this? Is it legit?

Totally hospital dependent. Our hospital used to allow us to renew with online courses, but then inexplicably changed to requiring the AHA recertification a few years ago. That one requires the silly in-person classes where a paramedic teaches you how to give epi.

Reactions: 1 users
Yup. I have been doing it online for years.

Requiring a skills class is ridiculous for us. The refresher on the protocols is useful and no reason it can't be done online.

Depends on how specific your med staff office is though (if they check and require AHA). Some websites offer refunds if not accepted by your med staff

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did it online they mailed a mannequin and the cpr portion was done over zoom with mannequin. It was aha certified. Some of the online ones are not aha certified if your hospital is picky.

• Haha
I did it online they mailed a mannequin and the cpr portion was done over zoom with mannequin. It was aha certified. Some of the online ones are not aha certified if your hospital is picky.
I have my own mannequin

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I have my own mannequin
south park GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Past two renewals I have used the easy online ones.

So far hospital hasn’t said anything

Just find an aha instructor with real course. Pay them $150-200. Tell them u are anesthesia. I literally showed up at official aha license center. Said hi. Spent 15 min there and left and got digital aha card.

Showing up makes it legit. Audit proof. They have u on class roster wink wink. That way they are protected as well

Last 3 renewals have been with a guy that says "oh you're an anesthesiologist? You know this stuff better than anyone! You have any questions? Here look at the ACLS algorithms while I fill out paperwork". Then you pay and you're outta there in less than 15 minutes. Gonna miss that dude.

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve had a dude that comes in to “teach” us. Leave with a bottle or two of decent wine.

I’ve had a crna who “taught” us BLS, ACLS and PALS within two hours. She didn’t charge anything other than the paper fee. Wanted us at least fill out the quiz at the end, while going over the quiz at the same time. It was another eye opening to see some of them “experienced” CRNAs cannot understand very simple and fundamental stuff; nor have the adaptability when the scenarios were changed on them.