ACOG's 2008 ACM Meeting in New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeaconMD04

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this may be a random (and quite dorky) thread, but I was wondering if anyone is considering going to ACOG's Annual Clinical Meeting this year, which is May 3-7th in New Orleans. Has anyone gone in the past? It sounds like a great opportunity for medical students to learn about applying to residencies, as well as to meet with reps from various programs and make some contacts. Medical student membership with ACOG is completely free (they send out some pretty solid mailings), as is the entire meeting. A pretty ridiculous deal if you can get yourself down to the Big Easy. There are some workshops they put on for medical students that sound great.

Here's the website for the Medical Student page for ACOG, which has a link to the workshops and registration page:

http://www.acog.org/departments/dept_web.cfm?recno=43

I've already registered, and signed up for workshops 1A, 2B, and 3B. It'll make sense if you read about them.

I know it's a long way off, but think about it. It luckily falls in my first month of 4th year, during which I'll either be on vacation or studying for Step 2. Either way, I'll be there.

Good luck to all the 4th years right now!

Members don't see this ad.

I agree...this is a great opportunity for students and residents. However, ACM is scheduled during the last week of Jazzfest, one of the busiest travel seasons in New Orleans. Hotels and airline flights are usually more expensive and book up fast. However, on the plus side, you will get to see one of the best live shows on earth and experience some great food and atmosphere at Jazzfest (of course, after you finish going to the lectures and workshops). So, if you could spare the extra change or if you have free lodging around New Orleans, take advantage of this opportunity.