ACOM vs Marian vs DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BASBaseball15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to ACOM but have been offered interviews at the next 2. However, I am starting to have to cut down the interviews I’m going to (I know, it’s a great problem to have) because of cost.

I know of the 3, DMU is the most established, however I don’t understand how much more important an established program is versus ACOM or the other schools I have interviews with regarding my future as a resident. I want to go to a program that allows me to have the most options available regarding residencies. I have the money to fly there and stay but it definitely would not be cheap. I’m incredibly blessed to have this dilemma and don’t want to seem like I’m complaining about it.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the DMU interview. DMU will have more resources for you to succeed.

Even before the merger I did an analysis of DMU's match list, and it was like 89% of their grads going to traditionally ACGME programs, which is a good thing.

Reactions: 1 user
Go to the DMU interview. DMU will have more resources for you to succeed.

Even before the merger I did an analysis of DMU's match list, and it was like 89% of their grads going to traditionally ACGME programs, which is a good thing.
Agree with grey, and also suggest going to MUCOm as well

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Go to DMU! Amazing school and would be a great choice! Also their COA is cheap and tuition isn’t bad.

Reactions: 2 users