ACOMAS Academic Update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bshap000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I am trying to decide if I should bother submitting an Academic Update at this point. Because my school is on a trimester system, my 3rd term grades were not available when I submitted AACOMAS, however they are in now.
The new grades keep my science and cumulative GPAs almost exactly the same, though it brings my sGPA down very slightly, and no prereqs were taken that term. My dilemma is do I need to do the update, or should I wait until schools ask for updated grades?

For reference I applied to:
AZCOM
CCOM
CSUCOM
ATSU-SOMA
LECOM-E
PCOM
PCOM-GA
TUNCOM
NYITCOM (already have an II here)

Anyone know if any of these schools tend to require/prefer grade updates? Given that this is a new system, @Goro do you have any insight as to what schools are expecting?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you really think that the Admissions dean is going run out of his/her office, screaming to his Admin Ass't: "Ohimgawd, Louise! bshap000 has maintained the same GPA this semester! We have to invite this kid!!!"

???

Hi all,

So I am trying to decide if I should bother submitting an Academic Update at this point. Because my school is on a trimester system, my 3rd term grades were not available when I submitted AACOMAS, however they are in now.
The new grades keep my science and cumulative GPAs almost exactly the same, though it brings my sGPA down very slightly, and no prereqs were taken that term. My dilemma is do I need to do the update, or should I wait until schools ask for updated grades?

For reference I applied to:
AZCOM
CCOM
CSUCOM
ATSU-SOMA
LECOM-E
PCOM
PCOM-GA
TUNCOM
NYITCOM (already have an II here)

Anyone know if any of these schools tend to require/prefer grade updates? Given that this is a new system, @Goro do you have any insight as to what schools are expecting?

Thanks so much!

Reactions: 2 users
Do you really think that the Admissions dean is going run out of his/her office, screaming to his Admin Ass't: "Ohimgawd, Louise! bshap000 has maintained the same GPA this semester! We have to invite this kid!!!"

???

Haha no of course not, to me it seems completely unnecessary. In no way do I think sending an update would help anything I just didn't know if it is expected if there are new grades, no matter what. The way the AACOMAS help document words it it seems like a possibility.

Believe me, I would much rather not have to deal with AACOMAS trying to verify things again.

Members don't see this ad :)

???
I admit this is an awesome mental image of Goro sitting at his desk in this suit, looking over apps with feet propped up and then doing a spit-take, throwing his cigar, and running out of the office...lol

EDIT: but really though, i wouldn't worry about it