ACP interview!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an interview invite from ACP!! I am sooo happy right now.:D:D:D Did anyone else get a invite yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an interview invite from ACP!! I am sooo happy right now.:D:D:D Did anyone else get a invite yet?

Can you tell us your GPA?

3.95 (4.0 sci).. did you apply?

I got a email notice as well. actually I am more stressed out than happy.
I am in Indiana, and i plan to take a airplane.
but i knew nothing about new york state. how can i get to the campus? taxi? train? rent a car? bus?
Any help is appreciated!:luck:

Did you guys apply early decision or just regular?

mine is regular, still got the email for interview?

Really!! they told me they dont interview for regular until Jan. How many schools did you apply to?

i already applied 10ish, ready to apply more once my professor submit my last reference

Fiorio-
My boyfriend lives in Albany so I'm there all the time. I think the best thing to do would be a taxi. I'm not sure if the bus goes by there and I know the train doesn't. I'm assuming you are flying into Albany?

Members don't see this ad :)
I go to Albany college of pharmacy and I know the area quite well. If you are coming from the airport, there is no way you can take the bus because the buses don't go through the airport. The best way you can do is to rent a car or get a cab. If you want to rent a car, prepare a GPS or a map because the roads are VERY confusing for newcomers

3.95 (4.0 sci).. did you apply?

nope. i made the mistake last year, since now i've confirmed that Albany only accepts students with a crazy high GPA. I've heard their avg GPA that they accepted were 3.9. I'm very happy for you--good luck with the interview! Much kudos to your 3.95/4.0 GPA!!!

Fiorio: I bet you also have a 3.9-4.0 GPA? :rolleyes:

thanks for the suggestion.
the school staff also emailed me back says taxi is better way to get to campus. Does airport offer taxi service?
my gpa is 3.89, lower than their average.:(
also, they charged me the supplemental fee twice, I have to email them again.
i already start to stress me out.

Am I the only one that hasn't head back from them about ED?:confused:

hi, i'm planning to apply for acp. can u tell me what their essay is? is it why did you pick pharmacy? and can you please share with us how the interview went. like were they strict? scary? lol. early decision ends on nov.1 right? so i still have time right?

ED was over august 31, and you don't need an essay for the school besides your personal statement. Regular decision ends Nov. 1 i think... but I think you were referring to out of high school based on your other posts so I don't know.

ED was over august 31, and you don't need an essay for the school besides your personal statement. Regular decision ends Nov. 1 i think... but I think you were referring to out of high school based on your other posts so I don't know.

no i checked the 2008 application, it says nov 1 ED deadline and regular deadline is Feb. 1

are from ACP? or you are applying?

Hi just wondering, but has anyone decided which program they are picking? THe standard 4-year program or the accelerated year-round 3 year program

For the accelerated option, can you only apply early decision?

no i checked the 2008 application, it says nov 1 ED deadline and regular deadline is Feb. 1

are from ACP? or you are applying?

ED for the accelerated option ended Aug. 31. I'm assuming you mean that ED for out of high school is over Nov. 1.

For the accelerated option, can you only apply early decision?

No.

can somebody tell me what is meant by early decision.i am applying for albany college of pharmacy for fall 2008.

can somebody tell me what is meant by early decision.i am applying for albany college of pharmacy for fall 2008.

early decision means that if you have all your stuff in by ... lets say 10/1/2007 they will look at all those applications that were recieved and make a decision and give you their decision before 11/1/2007 while ignoring those applications (for the time being) that are still coming in after 10/1/2007.

I was under the impression that ACP does not do interviews, that they only look at gpa. is this true? or do you all mean they interview high school grads but not students going into the accelerated 3 yr program?

:confused:

According to ACPE or whatever the letters are for the accredidation board, all schools are required to interview possible students. BTW applied ED for ACP's accelerated programm and still no word after they got my payment:mad:

According to ACPE or whatever the letters are for the accredidation board, all schools are required to interview possible students. BTW applied ED for ACP's accelerated programm and still no word after they got my payment:mad:

did you apply too late, yesterday was the interview day, they only pick 32 candidates to interview from 2000 applications. BTW, I was charged twice the supplemental fee. don't feel too bad.

For ACP how do you designate if you are applying as a transfer student to:

1) The 3rd year of the 6 year program or

2) The Accelerated program

Does it ask you this on the PharmCAS application? or

Are you suppose to let them know at the time of interview?