ACPE releases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ganthid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
June 2014 Report
https://www.acpe-accredit.org/pdf/ReportofProceedingsJune2014.pdf

Standards they cite
https://www.acpe-accredit.org/pdf/FinalS2007Guidelines2.0.pdf

Accredited with Probation:
University of Charleston
Touro (New York)

Somehow, I don't think those from UC were that surprised.

Members don't see this ad.

Crap, looks like KGI and West Coast technical career institute are a go in unsaturated Southern California.

ACPE is like a slut. It can't say no to anybody.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Not surprised by Touro - I mean I only know one poster that went there....

Reactions: 1 users
I only skimmed it. But did it say anywhere in there why some are on probationary status?

Jibby321, they list the standards related to probation.

Here are the University of Charleston performance on standards.
Standard 5 – College or School and University Relationship Noncompliance
Standard 7: College or School Organization and Governance Partially compliant
Standard 24: Faculty and Staff – Quantitative Factors Partially compliant
Standard 26: Faculty and Staff Continuing Professional Development and Performance Reviewed Partially compliant
Standard 30: Financial Resources Partially compliant

Reactions: 1 user
Jibby321, they list the standards related to probation.

Here are the University of Charleston performance on standards.
Standard 5 – College or School and University Relationship Noncompliance
Standard 7: College or School Organization and Governance Partially compliant
Standard 24: Faculty and Staff – Quantitative Factors Partially compliant
Standard 26: Faculty and Staff Continuing Professional Development and Performance Reviewed Partially compliant
Standard 30: Financial Resources Partially compliant
Thanks. First time looking at that stuff for me.

WTF. Let's see how many 2-bit programs we can fit in a 40 mile radius. FOUR schools in socal looking to start up now. One in Long Beach (American University of Health Sciences School of Pharmacy) and another just 20 miles away in Orange County (Chapman University School of Pharmacy). So then we'll have KGI School of Pharmacy just 28 miles miles north of there in Claremont and West Coast University School of Pharmacy 35 miles due west in LA. And USC School of Pharmacy straight chillin' 5 miles from West Coast University School of Pharmacy.

CA is getting ****ed so hard. If there was ever a good time for an epic earthquake +/- wildfire to wipe out LA now is it. So many greedy scumbags still opening schools right now. God dammit. This profession is just a weak prison bitch bending over freely so the banks and academia can bang away.

CA is getting ****** so hard. If there was ever a good time for an epic earthquake +/- wildfire to wipe out LA now is it. So many greedy scumbags still opening schools right now. God dammit. This profession is just a weak prison bitch bending over freely so the banks and academia can bang away.

It doesn't matter whether the schools are in California, Maine, or Timbuktu. It's not that difficult filling out a form, taking a test, and hopping on a plane to come here.

I know institutions that don't interview students from new schools... For residency or a job. Hopefully others will follow suit and students will start to realize that going to a new school is not necessarily in their best interest. We will see.

I know institutions that don't interview students from new schools... For residency or a job. Hopefully others will follow suit and students will start to realize that going to a new school is not necessarily in their best interest. We will see.

What institution(s) might those be?