ACPHS Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jordanpharma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
What are your thoughts about this school? I got accepted few weeks ago and am pretty excited to be going there. Who else is going?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Awesome school. They got my deposit the other day. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats on your acceptance guys, when did you receive your acceptance letter? and when was your interview. i still havent heard anything from them yet. any suggestions?

The Good:
-EVERYTHING IS ONLINE, makes doing work on the go/on your own time so easy, also eliminates need to attend classes that don't have a participation grade
-One on one time with teachers/advisors! One of the benefits of going to a small school - but don't count on them to hunt you down!
-They ARE trying to make it better school

The Bad:
-1/3 of 2009 first year class dropped out
-Tuition increase
-Lack of diversity (people and clubs)
-General lack of student satisfaction
-AP credit transfers are pretty much only good for electives

TBH most of the accelerated PharmD students wish they had done their first 4 years somewhere else and transferred in to ACPHS or another school.

My personal opinion: Wish I had gone somewhere cheaper, but I'm doing well. Hopefully you have GREAT math and comprehension skills upon entering - that's what many students are struggling with.

Last edited: