action potential

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ippie

ippie
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
#1. "an action potential maybe generated only when the outside of the cell reaches the threshold."
this sentence is from topscore test #1 (quesiton #19).
Do you agree that? I think "an action potential generated when the in side of the cell reaches the threshold" is right.
can anybody explain?

#2. which of the following produces bile and emulsifies fat?
do you think this question makes sense?
"Liver" produces bile, and 'gall bladder' stores and secrets bile to small intestine, and bile emulsifies fat in "small intestine"
I think this question should be changed to "which of the following produces bile that emulsifies fat?"

#3. 4-isopropyl-3,5-dimethyloctane vs. 3,5-dimethyl-4-isopropyloctane... which is right?

Members don't see this ad.

#1. "an action potential maybe generated only when the outside of the cell reaches the threshold."
this sentence is from topscore test #1 (quesiton #19).
Do you agree that? I think "an action potential generated when the in side of the cell reaches the threshold" is right.
can anybody explain?

#2. which of the following produces bile and emulsifies fat?
do you think this question makes sense?
"Liver" produces bile, and 'gall bladder' stores and secrets bile to small intestine, and bile emulsifies fat in "small intestine"
I think this question should be changed to "which of the following produces bile that emulsifies fat?"

#3. 4-isopropyl-3,5-dimethyloctane vs. 3,5-dimethyl-4-isopropyloctane... which is right?

You are right, action potential is reached when neuron reaches threshold (-50mV) inside, caused by a rush of Na+ ions into the neuron.

Right again, liver synthesizes bile and gallbadder stores it and when duodenum is stimulated, bile from gall badder enters via duct to get emulsified not digested.

4-isopropyl is right because you dont include di, tri, tetra in the abc order when naming i think thats the correct way.