First, I would like to thank you for contributing to the forum. I think you may be the first one who works both at a private practice and as a professor, or atleast the first one to disclose that type of information 🙂
I was wondering if you could offer any advice on good networking methods for an OD student. I know that the job market isnt so great in saturated areas like california or new york but maybe you have worked with students and have tips about how to position oneself to find a decent job post graduation.
For those interested in research, do you have colleagues who have found a balance between working at a university as a professor and spend time between teaching, research and clinic?
What do you feel about the current state of optometry? What should current OD students or those who will soon be attending optometry school expect? What do you think students who matriculate now should be aware of that maybe students who matriculated a few years back didnt need to worry about?
Was it difficult to find a position as a clinical professor? Did you complete a residency? If so, do you recommend it? If not, why not?