• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Activities Date Range with COVID

premedboy239

May 6, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
I was planning to apply next cycle, but wanted to get a general idea of how to present my activities. For the dates range, should it be one continuous range, ending at around the time COVID begun? Or should it be a continued activity, with two different ranges and hours?

Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
  1. Attending Physician
I was planning to apply next cycle, but wanted to get a general idea of how to present my activities. For the dates range, should it be one continuous range, ending at around the time COVID begun? Or should it be a continued activity, with two different ranges and hours?
It depends. If you never return to the activity interrupted by COVID19, you'd have one date range ending in March-ish of 2020. If you are able to resume the activity sometime in the fall, or whenever, you can use the AMCAS Repeated feature to enter a second date range and total completed hours. A third date range could be added if you plan to stay with that same activity afte the month that you submit your application, which would represent future hours. All of the Repeated entries you complete would appear at the top of that Activity box.

Reactions: 1 user

premedboy239

May 6, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
It depends. If you never return to the activity interrupted by COVID19, you'd have one date range ending in March-ish of 2020. If you are able to resume the activity sometime in the fall, or whenever, you can use the AMCAS Repeated feature to enter a second date range and total completed hours. A third date range could be added if you plan to stay with that same activity afte the month that you submit your application, which would represent future hours. All of the Repeated entries you complete would appear at the top of that Activity box.
Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.