Acute Observation Before Starting PT

Started by shihalud
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shihalud

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been accepted into a PT program for next year. I have many outpatient observation hours, but do not have any inpatient/acute hours because the town I live in only has one hospital and they allow for acute observation quarterly. Do you think I should take the time and do some acute observation hours before PT school, even if I don't need to do so for admission purposes?
 
I really appreciated being able to observe in 5 different clinics, including 2 inpatient ones. They give you a different perspective on physical therapy that is pretty different than outpatient. If you have some spare time, it would be beneficial to get some observation in. 🙂 If you don't have time or are unable to get in somewhere, you'll definitely see that setting when you're in school so it's not a big deal.