ADA 09 Help or maybe mistakes on test too?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member 8586

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found some old threads on this, but just wanted some confirmation/verification/extra opinions on some that were never really "confirmed" mistakes....Also, help on a some please...if you can only answer one, thats completely fine..no need to feel obligated to answer all..any help is appreciated

BIO

• #9 - crazy cross ..I came up with no possible Black male and no possible Black female but they're both choices - I probably did the cross wrong though Idk
  • #31 - i put epiphysis b/c I know epiphyseal plates are where growth occurs, and ADA has it as correct, but I saw forum members think metaphysis and wikipedia says "Epiphyseal plates ("growth plates") are located in the metaphysis and are responsible for growth in the length of the bone." ...so I guess its metaphysis?

CHEM

• #62 - pipet vs buret - this bothered me on Destroyer as well because I couldnt formulate a good definition for both because the explanations seem to contradict - anyone have an answer? I came up with pipet for transfer of measured volume, and buret for dispension of known amount...but either/or seems to work
  • #67 - what the hell? I put B and have no idea why it's D

ORGO

• #80 - is it 120* because of the double bond next to it? i put 109.5 because it was among two single bonds?
  • #84 - alcohols react with acids because alcohols behave as Bronsted Lowry bases... i can see how that makes sense because the acid would be the Bronsted acid...BUT if you react a carboxy acid + methonaol, the OH comes off the COOH & the H comes off the CH3OH, so wouldn't CH3OH be the Bronsted acid because it's donating the H? I think I may have some confusion on this..?
  • #92 - I put B because OCH3 is a poor leaving group? why is it C with the NH2 group?
  • #99 - WTH?? I wasn't even sure what this was totally asking, but I figured A looked good...why is it C?
  • #100 - I apparently correctly guessed A but the 3rd pic seems to have 5 atoms bonded to the skeletal atom instead of 4?
my test is in 3 days, so any help is appreciated! thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I found some old threads on this, but just wanted some confirmation/verification/extra opinions on some that were never really "confirmed" mistakes....Also, help on a some please...if you can only answer one, thats completely fine..no need to feel obligated to answer all..any help is appreciated

BIO

• #9 - crazy cross ..I came up with no possible Black male and no possible Black female but they're both choices - I probably did the cross wrong though Idk
  • #31 - i put epiphysis b/c I know epiphyseal plates are where growth occurs, and ADA has it as correct, but I saw forum members think metaphysis and wikipedia says "Epiphyseal plates ("growth plates") are located in the metaphysis and are responsible for growth in the length of the bone." ...so I guess its metaphysis?

CHEM

• #62 - pipet vs buret - this bothered me on Destroyer as well because I couldnt formulate a good definition for both because the explanations seem to contradict - anyone have an answer? I came up with pipet for transfer of measured volume, and buret for dispension of known amount...but either/or seems to work
  • #67 - what the hell? I put B and have no idea why it's D

ORGO

• #80 - is it 120* because of the double bond next to it? i put 109.5 because it was among two single bonds?
  • #84 - alcohols react with acids because alcohols behave as Bronsted Lowry bases... i can see how that makes sense because the acid would be the Bronsted acid...BUT if you react a carboxy acid + methonaol, the OH comes off the COOH & the H comes off the CH3OH, so wouldn't CH3OH be the Bronsted acid because it's donating the H? I think I may have some confusion on this..?
  • #92 - I put B because OCH3 is a poor leaving group? why is it C with the NH2 group?
  • #99 - WTH?? I wasn't even sure what this was totally asking, but I figured A looked good...why is it C?
  • #100 - I apparently correctly guessed A but the 3rd pic seems to have 5 atoms bonded to the skeletal atom instead of 4?
my test is in 3 days, so any help is appreciated! thanks!

#9: I don't have the practice test so I do not know
#31: this has been answered before use google

#62: pipette transfers small amounts of liquid, a burette doesn't
#67: i dont have practice test please be descriptive

#80: Yes
#84: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...w=178&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:75 that will give you a visual of how its supposed to look.
#92: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leaving_group do you see the pattern?

#99,#100 no idea I don't have the test.

This makes me nervous seeing it had that many errors?

Does ADA give you points back if they review an exam and see that their answers are wrong? lol? o_o

Members don't see this ad :)