Ada 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope_to_match

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know everyone says it's easier than anything else out there or the real test, but I took it today and scored the same in all sections as im scoring in qvault/bootcamp etc....

im two weeks away from my test. anyone scored better than they did on 2007 ADA or other practice materials? Specifically 2007 ADA

Members don't see this ad.

If you aren't breaking 20 TS on it...I'd say reschedule if it's coming up soon...if not you're good to go...just keep practicing...PRACTICE IS KEYYYYYY

Right on the borderline. 2007 is supposed to be VERY easy...but I say it's on par with the actual exam...but it might not be in your case. If it's not too late I highly suggest you study 1 more full month and get everything you possibly can down. GC and OC need and should be one of your highest scores. Not to discourage but be practical. Retakes cost a lot of time and effort for no reason. Kill it the first time and make sure you are prepared.

Members don't see this ad :)
well GC and OC are my highest scores..i got 23 for GC and 25 for OC bio i got 18 on that test. i mscoring around 20 on qvault and bootcamp so i dont know what happened with this test for bio

Oh ok ...well that's not too bad....as long as your GC and OC are SOLID...you're set...the rest can be average and they should average out to a 20...you should be fine then. Read Ferali's notes for stuff you are shaky with in bio...and just keep learning from mistakes.

Oh ok ...well that's not too bad....as long as your GC and OC are SOLID...you're set...the rest can be average and they should average out to a 20...you should be fine then. Read Ferali's notes for stuff you are shaky with in bio...and just keep learning from mistakes.

yeah i really dont have the strength to study more i have been studying all summer. so i figured i will be cramming bio until then...its funny because i do a lot better with questions that require thinking than those that require recall. how did you feel was your test today for bio? more thinking or more recall of info?

I took ADA 2007 one week out and it was the most representative for me in terms of difficulty. I scored 18AA 18TS 18 Bio 18 Ochem 17 gen chem 19RC 18QR 18PA. I made sure I knew exactly what I did wrong, as well as ADA 2009 and I scored one point higher on everything else except QR and PA which stayed exactly the same.

thanks for your input. these scores above that you mentioned are the scores you got on ADA 2007?

My 2007 scores were slightly better than my actual (we're talking 1 questions different per section). With the amount of variability in a standardized test, one really cannot put too much stock in a test score. A consistent 20 tells me you should spend more time studying the material you're missing. Especially if you aren't improving. And with the way DAT scoring works, the lower your score is, the less significant the score is imo. The difference between a 30 and a 26 is one question, but a 26->20 can be 4-5 questions. That's tremendous variance. Once you're in the 20-22 range, some things are out of your control.

I agree with Illfavor...one chem question almost tripped me up but I figured it out...and landed me those scores...some of it is luck and that's something that you really can't do anything about. Trust your knowledge and leave the rest to God.

Is there anything particular about Bio giving you difficulty?

When I got to my last week of studying, my eyes could not stand looking at books and pdfs much longer. I used Craig Savage youtube videos on 1.5x speed to review. He did a great job tying concepts together

Yeah as I said earlier it looks as though I miss questions which require pure recall but always get correct the ones where you need to think ... So strange! And yeah I can't look at books and notes anymore but I need to push myself I dont want to reschedule I ve been studying very hard the entire summer...

Yeah as I said earlier it looks as though I miss questions which require pure recall but always get correct the ones where you need to think ... So strange! And yeah I can't look at books and notes anymore but I need to push myself I dont want to reschedule I ve been studying very hard the entire summer...

Any particular topic giving you recall trouble?

Just going over bio on 2007..looks like most of the mistakes are made were not because i didnt have the knowledge but because i spaced out.! stupid! stupid mistakes and stupid me grrrrrrrr