1. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

ADA Application form question

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by jy87, Mar 10, 2007.

1. jy87

jy87 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hello!

I'm in the process of submitting my application to the ADA to be eligible to write the DAT in late June of this year.

At the bottom of the online application they ask you to check off the names of 5 dental schools that you want your scores to be sent to. I'm assuming this means that when you decide to apply to diff. schools these 5 will be included in the ones you apply to whenever that is and not that as soon as your scores are released they'll be sent out to these schools. Am I correct???

If the latter case is true...
    I'm not applying to dental school for about another year and so I haven't even begun looking into diff. schools to apply to!!!

If any enlightened SDN member could enlighten me on this issue it would be greatly appreciated :D

2. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I don't think the application for the 2008 cycle is up yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. toothfairy85

toothfairy85 Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I think the original poster was referring to the application to schedule the DAT. I checked off 5 schools that knew I would be applying to. These first five schools are free. When/if you decided to apply to more schools, you have to go back to the ADA site and request a score report be sent to the other schools. I think the fee for additional schools (over the 5) is $15/school. If you submit the score and decide not to apply to that school, then they have your scores only, but no application... and no application is considered complete without at least one set of DAT scores. And yes... these score reports will be sent within about 3 weeks following the completion of the DAT and submission of scores to ADA. When you do apply... always call and make sure the schools have received your reports as well. And if you're not applying this year, but taking your DAT already, I would call the schools directly after you take the test and your scores should have been received at the schools and ask them if they keep them on file for the next application cycle.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP
    jy87

jy87 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thanks for the replies guys!

5. dmd2011

dmd2011 Random Hero
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    your scores will be sent to these schools after you take the test. the ADA controls the DAT and the ADEA controls AADSAS... the ADA doesnt know when you will actually apply. check with your schools to see if they hold on to your score reports for the next cycle, if not you will have to request for the ADA to send additional reports to these schools once you apply.