ADA Exam

foodie101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just wrote my ADA practice test and I got 340 TS and 340 AA. I got Bio:340, Gen Chem:340, Orgo:340, RC:340, Physics:290, and QR:370. My exam is tomorrow and I was worried that physics is under 300. Is there any way I can improve in a day or any other advice? Is this a good ADA practice test score since I want to be able to get at least a 350 or higher for Waterloo in both TS and AA?

Members don't see this ad.

Ive heard that physics fluctuates with ADA practice tests and Kaplan, but as long as you get a 300+ you will be in a great position with your other scores being high. Just curious, what were you study methods for physics? Have you scored higher on other practice tests? I think the biggest key to make sure you know both conceptual ideas and basic formulas, but since you are taking it tomorrow, just try and review as many formulas that you can. At this point, don't keep doing practice problems, you will only freak your self out more, and your other scores are great so just try to pin point where you struggle with physics and hit that hard. Hope that advice helped, I think if you realize what your weaknesses are in physics before tomorrow, and cram a little, you can pull it off :)

Ive heard that physics fluctuates with ADA practice tests and Kaplan, but as long as you get a 300+ you will be in a great position with your other scores being high. Just curious, what were you study methods for physics? Have you scored higher on other practice tests? I think the biggest key to make sure you know both conceptual ideas and basic formulas, but since you are taking it tomorrow, just try and review as many formulas that you can. At this point, don't keep doing practice problems, you will only freak your self out more, and your other scores are great so just try to pin point where you struggle with physics and hit that hard. Hope that advice helped, I think if you realize what your weaknesses are in physics before tomorrow, and cram a little, you can pull it off :)

Thank you for the reply! The only other exam I took was the kaplan diagnostic where I got a 260 on physics, so it did improve but it's still really bad. I was studying with the princton cracking the oat book but I guess it wasn't the best! Have you given your oat yet and if you did how did you do on it? How did you study physics?

Thank you for the reply! The only other exam I took was the kaplan diagnostic where I got a 260 on physics, so it did improve but it's still really bad. I was studying with the princton cracking the oat book but I guess it wasn't the best! Have you given your oat yet and if you did how did you do on it? How did you study physics?
Im taking mine in a few weeks, but I had a couple friends go through the process and was given great study advice. For physics, which is probably my worst subject conceptual wise, I started with Chad's videos. I took the Kaplan online course with the big blue book, but felt very overwhelmed because I just wasnt absorbing anything. So Chad helped me through concepts step by step with out overcomplicating things, while also giving both important conceptual aspects and necessary formulas to remember. Although Im still preparing for the OAT, I would recommend Chads videos to anyone who is struggling with a certain topic, especially physics and chem. He just gets the point across. Also, Ive heard that kaplan physics is way harder that the real OAT, so I wanted to not waste my time on studying concepts and questions that werent going to be tested on, rather focus on the key points of the subject that will likely show up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think I should cram chads videos today? Did you watch all of the videos?
its been proven that cramming a day before a big exam has the potential to make you do worse than better. I wouldnt necessarily cram, but go through the list of topics Chad covers, and find ones that you are not that comfortable with/ familiar with. For example, if you cant get down the difference between lenses, go to his lens video, watch it, take the quiz, and call it at that. I think you will just get overwhelmed with info if you try to watch everything. Pick key topics that you are not good at, there is no point in studying things that you are comfortable with because it will be a waste of time. hope that helps!