ADA Practice DAT test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would say the 2009 is pretty similar to the actual DAT (especially for sciences), but I would recommend taking the computer practice tests since that's what the real exam will be like.
It's good practice but my scores were a lot different than the ADA practice exams

Last edited:
You'll find two versions, the free 2007 practice test and the $37 web based 2009 practice test. 2007 is way too easy and not as representative of the real exam but 2009 is a little better at predicting your DAT scores.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed with the above. I felt the 2007 was waaaaayyy too easy (not even worth it tbh), and the 2009, my scores were more similar too. Definitely do the 2009!

Members don't see this ad :)
how long do you think, the whole process takes for delivery. I am thinking taking the test 2 week before the DAT exam, which is aug 18th. any suggestions?

I don't think it takes too long to deliver. If I remember correctly, I had gotten it within a week or two, but I got it early in my studying to have just incase so I would order it today just so that way you can get it as soon as possible. Personally, I would wait to take it until a few days before your exam since it will be indicative of the real exam and then you can decide, based on if you're content with your 2009 scores, if you want to reschedule or if you're ready to go in and ace it. I took it three days before my actual exam rather happy with my scores, and I scored similarly to how I did on the test for the Academic Average and PAT (the QR is very difficult and is not really too representative of the actual test, in my opinion).

Nope they mail you a paper copy of the test. I am selling mine if you are interested.
Did yours come with the answers? For the online $37 test I didn't find the feedback very helpful. They simply told me how many questions I got wrong in each section but from there did not tell me which ones were wrong or the answers. I don't know if there is somewhere I'm just not looking.

Also, I thought that the QR section of the $37 online practice test was extremely difficult. They asked about eclipses and other strange angles which took me a long time just to understand. These were unlike anything I had ever seen on my Kaplan practice tests or the DAT destroyer. Does anyone have insight on if I just continue to base my QR on these two resources or should I look at something else?

Also, I thought that the QR section of the $37 online practice test was extremely difficult. They asked about eclipses and other strange angles which took me a long time just to understand. These were unlike anything I had ever seen on my Kaplan practice tests or the DAT destroyer. Does anyone have insight on if I just continue to base my QR on these two resources or should I look at something else?
I based my QR off MATH DESTROYER.. and ended up getting a 30 on it.. so for me, math destroyer was the most helpful for QR

Did yours come with the answers? For the online $37 test I didn't find the feedback very helpful. They simply told me how many questions I got wrong in each section but from there did not tell me which ones were wrong or the answers. I don't know if there is somewhere I'm just not looking.
Yep mine came with an answer key.

If it's any consolidation I thought the RC on 2007 albeit one passage was representative. QR on 2007 was more representative than 2009 and PAT was like a combination of 2007 and 2009 compared to actual.

I felt sciences were much easier on both practice than actual and QR/RC on 2009 much harder than actual

Reactions: 1 user
Just be aware that there are some errors on the 2009, but there is a thread on here that tells what the errors are. The 2009 is a good predictor, but it doesn't guarantee anything. You can read up on some posts on SDN. The stories range from getting like 25s on the 2009 but lesser scores on the actual and then getting 16s and 17s on the 2009 but getting 20s on the actual. If you score well on it that's great, but stay hungry because it isn't the real test; if you don't score so hot, then just keep grinding and reviewing everything leading up to the exam. Usually, from what I have read, most people take the 2009 as their last test a couple days or so before your actual exam.