ADA Practice Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS-King

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think I should buy the ADA practice test for $37?

The reason why I am hesitant is because I wrote the Canadian DAT last November and I ordered the package that provides you with a practice exam. I wrote that exam a few days before my DAT and scored fairly high (like 38/40 on Bio, 27/30 GC, 45/50 RC) - but when I wrote the real exam it was 10x harder and more like the questions in DAT destroyer.

I've gone through all destroyer once, will go over it at least two times more, I've done BC, and RC/OCHEM on Qvault. Is it worth it to buy this exam to see where I stand before my test, or is it not a good indicator?

ALSO: 1 week left - should I buy Qvault Bio or keep going over DAT Destroyer Bio?

Thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Which practice exam was included in the package you received last year? The 2007 ADA DAT or the 2009 ADA DAT? The 2007 DAT was definitely significantly easier than the actual DAT.

If you've already taken the 2009 one, I don't think it would be worth it to pay $37 to do it all over again. There is a PDF available online if you just google the 2009 ADA DAT. Perhaps if you just wanted to refresh your memory and do it over for good measure, the PDF would be the best way to go.

I thought my score for the 2009 DAT was fairly close to my actual DAT score, and this was the case for most of my friends as well. I found the RC + QR for 2009 to be incredibly difficult though.

Reactions: 1 user
Which practice exam was included in the package you received last year? The 2007 ADA DAT or the 2009 ADA DAT? The 2007 DAT was definitely significantly easier than the actual DAT.

If you've already taken the 2009 one, I don't think it would be worth it to pay $37 to do it all over again. There is a PDF available online if you just google the 2009 ADA DAT. Perhaps if you just wanted to refresh your memory and do it over for good measure, the PDF would be the best way to go.

I thought my score for the 2009 DAT was fairly close to my actual DAT score, and this was the case for most of my friends as well. I found the RC + QR for 2009 to be incredibly difficult though.

Awesome! So the 2009 ADA is the one that costs $37?

I believe so, yes.

"The DAT program offers a complete DAT Practice Test. The DAT Practice Test is available in a Web-based format and a print format; both are the 2009 edition. The Web- based DAT Practice Test is a timed test (four hours and 30 minutes in length) which reflects the actual DAT testing time. If the time expires before you complete the DAT Practice Test, it must be purchased again."

If you choose to do the online version, it may be the best way for you to get a feel of the actual thing. (If this is what you were hoping for). Other SDN-ers have said the downside of doing the online version is that you don't get to see what you get wrong, and don't get to review your answers.

However, I found that I remembered my answer choices pretty well after having taken the 2009, so you could easily refer back to the online (free) PDF, and check to see what you got wrong.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe so, yes.

"The DAT program offers a complete DAT Practice Test. The DAT Practice Test is available in a Web-based format and a print format; both are the 2009 edition. The Web- based DAT Practice Test is a timed test (four hours and 30 minutes in length) which reflects the actual DAT testing time. If the time expires before you complete the DAT Practice Test, it must be purchased again."

If you choose to do the online version, it may be the best way for you to get a feel of the actual thing. (If this is what you were hoping for). Other SDN-ers have said the downside of doing the online version is that you don't get to see what you get wrong, and don't get to review your answers.

However, I found that I remembered my answer choices pretty well after having taken the 2009, so you could easily refer back to the online (free) PDF, and check to see what you got wrong.

Awesome, thanks so much :)