ada practice test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
X

xxxTheDonxxx

what's a 20 on PAT and a 19 on QR on the ADA practice test translate to when comparing to the real thing?

Members don't see this ad.

i thought the ADA practice was way too easy. Don't count on it to gauge yourself.

food4thots said:
i thought the ADA practice was way too easy. Don't count on it to gauge yourself.

i thought the keyhole section and angle section were harder than dat achiever! I got higher % dat achiever for those.

well.. i can't tell you anything from dat acheiver, but for kaplan my scores ranged 21-25's on PAT, i ended up with the 20 on the actual test. so expect the actual to be a little bit tougher.

Members don't see this ad :)
QR is about the same. the normally skip long word problems and come back to them later if i have time.

food4thots said:
well.. i can't tell you anything from dat acheiver, but for kaplan my scores ranged 21-25's on PAT, i ended up with the 20 on the actual test. so expect the actual to be a little bit tougher.

hi, did you take the ada practice test...how was it compare to your real dat? I got this post from some guy who posted a while back..."I think the ADA prep book is very similar to the real thing. The bio section covered the same material in the same proportion, as well as orgo, and gen chem. The math on my DAT was easier than the prep book, though similar in content. The PAT was also equally comparable---especially the angles---those things suck! My real DAT ACAD AVG was 4 points higher that the prep book score and my PAT score on the real thing was 2 points higher."

....still I'm going to practice harder though! Thanks for the push!

xxxTheDonxxx said:
i thought the keyhole section and angle section were harder than dat achiever! I got higher % dat achiever for those.

Angle ranking may appear tougher because of drawing and/or reaolution issue(s), but it's kind of strange that you are finding the keyhole tougher than DAT Achiever. I guess you'll just have to judge for yourself of the discrepancy here. The bottom line is to only trust your first attempted scores taking into consideration also how lucky you have been in guessing your answers.

The general poll would act against using the ADA sample PAT to gauge for your readiness on PAT though. Hope the inputs here help somewhat...

mitshi said:
Angle ranking may appear tougher because of drawing and/or reaolution issue(s), but it's kind of strange that you are finding the keyhole tougher than DAT Achiever. I guess you'll just have to judge for yourself of the discrepancy here. The bottom line is to only trust your first attempted scores taking into consideration also how lucky you have been in guessing your answers.

The general poll would act against using the ADA sample PAT to gauge for your readiness on PAT though. Hope the inputs here help somewhat...

i think it's partially because it was on paper and I'm used to the screen. also, this screen is 90 degrees facing towards you and paper is flat...maybe. but the pat section on ada was fairly easy...i should score higher than a 20...thanks!

golfmontpoker said:
ADA makes a prep book?? Where can i get this? thanx!

it's on their website! you'll see it

Golfmontpoker.....you're already applied to those schools, eventhough you haven't taken your DAT?

xxxTheDonxxx said:
free of cost ...my friend! have you taken the dat yet?
No, these are the schools I will be applying to on May 15th... I need to change my profile and add BU and UOM on there to... Since my GPA isnt stellar, but ok, i am going to take the DAT in july probably so i can get some REAL studying in during the summer... I found the prep test, but no study guide... Maybe im looking in the wrong place??

I found the ADA test to be suspiciously simple. I got 83/90 (not sure what the scaled score is) on the PAT and finished it in 40 minutes. On DAT achiever, I barely finish in time and get 18ish and on Top Score, I finish with with a 20 or so and no time to spare.

Not sure about the rest of the test...but if the real DAT perceptual section is as easy as the ADA packet...I would be quite suprised. I'll know for sure in 3 weeks!!

Chrono1984 said:
I found the ADA test to be suspiciously simple. I got 83/90 (not sure what the scaled score is) on the PAT and finished it in 40 minutes. On DAT achiever, I barely finish in time and get 18ish and on Top Score, I finish with with a 20 or so and no time to spare.

Not sure about the rest of the test...but if the real DAT perceptual section is as easy as the ADA packet...I would be quite suprised. I'll know for sure in 3 weeks!!

agreed. but maybe it's because i might have seen these same problems elsewhere.