Adcom meeting at PCOM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jezzen18

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the adcom at PCOM plans on meeting this month? I interviewed on Feb. 27th...and was hoping to hear soon...it's my #1 choice :)

Members don't see this ad.

jezzen18 said:
Does anyone know when the adcom at PCOM plans on meeting this month? I interviewed on Feb. 27th...and was hoping to hear soon...it's my #1 choice :)

I dont know...but i'm sending some good energy your way!! :) ;)

Thanks! I sure could use it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have an idea of how many seats are left?? i interview on monday and Im getting really nervous!

notnarcsDO said:
anyone have an idea of how many seats are left?? i interview on monday and Im getting really nervous!

According to nucleus it does not look like there are anymore seats. ~275 people sent in a 250 deposit. Who knows how many people are going to send in the 2K deposit to finalize the acceptance on May 15th. :confused:

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
According to nucleus it does not look like there are anymore seats. ~275 people sent in a 250 deposit. Who knows how many people are going to send in the 2K deposit to finalize the acceptance on May 15th. :confused:

How big is the class size at pcom? 250?

my class started with 276 we have been trimmed down quite a bit. They had to offer anyone who wanted one a deferement from my class because we had close to 300 put in the 2000 deposit. Alot took up the offer. Officially the class size is 250 but it seems like its really 270.

When will I get my information to log onto the PCOM network. I want to see my classmates!!!

USArmyDoc said:
When will I get my information to log onto the PCOM network. I want to see my classmates!!!

Probably 1-2 weeks after they cash the check.

PM me with your name..and i can look you up.

so then it seems probable that I am interviewing for the waitlist??? If so, does anyone know if there is a decent chance of being brought in from the list??

notnarcsDO said:
so then it seems probable that I am interviewing for the waitlist??? If so, does anyone know if there is a decent chance of being brought in from the list??

I think there is a big chance. Who really knows how many people have PCOM as their number one choice? How many people have multiple acceptances?

Go into the interview knowing you will be accepted. Don't let numbers mess with your head. You got this!

:thumbup:

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
I think there is a big chance. Who really knows how many people have PCOM as their number one choice? How many people have multiple acceptances?

Go into the interview knowing you will be accepted. Don't let numbers mess with your head. You got this!

thanks for the support. im just scared. not only is it my top choice, but it is my only interview so far!! :scared:

Does PCOM reject people or just put everyone not accepted onto a waitlist? And do they usually accept people from the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
jezzen18 said:
Does PCOM reject people or just put everyone not accepted onto a waitlist? And do they usually accept people from the waitlist?

I know people who have been rejected post-interview.

last year no one was pulled off the waitlist, because of too high a yield. They defered alot of people.

JonnyG said:
last year no one was pulled off the waitlist, because of too high a yield. They defered alot of people.

Wow that is hard to believe and really disappointing, if the class size is around 270 that basically means everyone that was accepted went there, I have never heard of anything like that from medical school.

Just for reference, the last adcom meeting was last week (between March 20-24)

JonnyG said:

Yep. I just got an email from PCOM basically saying if you dont plan on attending 'reply back' to withdraw your place in the class and also if anyone wants to defer until the Class of 2011...send an email to the admissions director because there is 'an active waitlist'.

Just giving PCOM hopefuls some info.

DO Sigma Nu guy said:

Yep. I just got an email from PCOM basically saying if you dont plan on attending 'reply back' to withdraw your place in the class and also if anyone wants to defer until the Class of 2011...send an email to the admissions director because there is 'an active waitlist'.

Just giving PCOM hopefuls some info.

What exactly does "active waitlist" mean?

jezzen18 said:
What exactly does "active waitlist" mean?

"We are currently working with an active wait list for the fall, 2006 first year class; a prompt response to this email is greatly appreciated."

I guess they are hinting that there are people on the waitlist that would accept a chance to join the Class of 2010.

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
"We are currently working with an active wait list for the fall, 2006 first year class; a prompt response to this email is greatly appreciated."

I guess they are hinting that there are people on the waitlist that would accept a chance to join the Class of 2010.

I got the same email.

Yea they sent it to everyone on nucleus. :D

hopfully a bunch of people withdraw lol....they are reviewing me for admission in 3 weeks :scared:

What's the earliest that they start taking people off of the waitlist?

jezzen18 said:

supposedly...they never took people off the waitlist last year.

:(

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
supposedly...they never took people off the waitlist last year.

:(

PCOM seems to over book their class so much that they don't need to hit the waitlist. Even if people withdraw, they still have a class of 275. That is why I think they asked us if anyone wanted to defer.

USArmyDoc said:
PCOM seems to over book their class so much that they don't need to hit the waitlist. Even if people withdraw, they still have a class of 275. That is why I think they asked us if anyone wanted to defer.

LOL it's like overbooking flights

Not sure. However, I was at PCOM today for a meeting and I overheard that today was the last day of interviews this year. It seems like waitlist (deferment, etc) movement should be within a month.