Adcoms and pcat scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dvdwin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so i just received my pcat scores from the Jan test and i am extremely disappointed . I was wondering if I were to take the PCAT again and scored significantly higher, would the adcoms look at my best pcat score or would they average the two scores together? I'll be applying mainly to FL schools if that matters. I looked through the FAQs and tried using SDN's search function, but I couldn't find anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Alright so i just received my pcat scores from the Jan test and i am extremely disappointed . I was wondering if I were to take the PCAT again and scored significantly higher, would the adcoms look at my best pcat score or would they average the two scores together? I'll be applying mainly to FL schools if that matters. I looked through the FAQs and tried using SDN's search function, but I couldn't find anything.

They won't take them for this year, the next time the test is given is too late, but they'll usually take your highest score next year.

It really depends on the school. Some schools take the latest pcat score while others take the highest score. You should contact the schools you're interested in.

most schools take the higest. I would try looking on their website, as well as on pharmcas.

I haven't heard of anyone that averages PCAT scores.