Adcoms, please chime in here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Total confusion, is the orphanage spongebob themed?

Wait we can theme our orphanages?
I've just been buying the standard dreary dilapidated package. Also, how are you guys sourcing your orphans for resume padding? I'm trying to find a good balance between heart-wrenching sad and cute for photo purposes.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait we can theme our orphanages?
I've just been buying the standard dreary dilapidated package. Also, how are you guys sourcing your orphans for resume padding? I'm trying to find a good balance between heart-wrenching sad and cute for photo purposes.
I think we are starting to enter the dark humor realm. I find this post hilarious, but our civilian friends might not feel the same way.

If anyone wants some insight into military and veteran humor and how it tends to be far far darker than one would expect, here is an excellent piece by Vice about one such outlet:

I think we are starting to enter the dark humor realm. I find this post hilarious, but our civilian friends might not feel the same way.

If anyone wants some insight into military and veteran humor and how it tends to be far far darker than one would expect, here is an excellent piece by Vice about one such outlet:

Most of the kids in my family were adopted and a few of them have adopted as well. I joked at the last family event if I pass out food or if anyone cries it's going on my resume as community service. My sister and I were racking up hours by giving each other food. Humor is good.

The military jokes would be much darker.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Man, remember that thread about MSAR data? Lol. I got hijacked every time!

The same 10-15 people respond and drive the thread off the tracks :lol:
1569949463811.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
The same 10-15 people respond and drive the thread off the tracks :lol:

Gotta get all those jokes in before the thread gets locked.
The best are the school threads. If you aren't giving a random neurotic premed a heart attack with a large number of updates to a T10 thread, is it even worth posting? Gotta give cardiology departments some practice fodder.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
The best are the school threads. If you aren't giving a random neurotic premed a heart attack with a large number of updates to a T10 thread, is it even worth posting? Gotta give cardiology departments some practice fodder.
I am threatening to lock it lol!

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is my life RN TBH.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
No, @notsobabydoc is legit. I won’t say how I know, but he is legit. He isn’t just Walter level, he is a Walter wet dream.

@notsobabydoc: Many thanks for your service to your country; you must have been an incredibly brave man to be awarded the Medal of Honor, and a very lucky man to be alive to receive the medal - and in good enough physical and mental condition to consider medical school, to boot! I am sure that your GPA is stellar and you have an MCAT to match.

A 3.9+/523+ with the Medal of Honor and solid clinical exposure: perhaps the strongest applicant ever to fill out the AMCAS or walk the interview halls. This is what Walter dreams of, and what SDN legends are made of. You could well go 20 for 20 on top-20 acceptances, and deserve every single acceptance you get. I hope you get a full ride to Harvard or whatever your first choice is: you deserve it. You'll be the first lawyer with the Medal of Honor applying to medical school, that's for sure - and your essays will be the stuff of legend, to boot.

• Love
  • Wow
@notsobabydoc: Many thanks for your service to your country; you must have been an incredibly brave man to be awarded the Medal of Honor, and a very lucky man to be alive to receive the medal - and in good enough physical and mental condition to consider medical school, to boot! I am sure that your GPA is stellar and you have an MCAT to match.

A 3.9+/523+ with the Medal of Honor and solid clinical exposure: perhaps the strongest applicant ever to fill out the AMCAS or walk the interview halls. This is what Walter dreams of, and what SDN legends are made of. You could well go 20 for 20 on top-20 acceptances, and deserve every single acceptance you get. I hope you get a full ride to Harvard or whatever your first choice is: you deserve it. You'll be the first lawyer with the Medal of Honor applying to medical school, that's for sure - and your essays will be the stuff of legend, to boot.
@gyngyn I Believe we have a walter comeback

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Broke rules. Just going to say you have to say pretty egregious things to get a blue name.

Telling someone to train for a Hunger Games style event to win a scholarship is 100% valid advice.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
M

My Walter senses aren’t tingling. This is an imposter impersonating the famed Walter Raleigh!

Status
Not open for further replies.