ADD and the military

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caslet100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question obviously. ;)

I'm HPSP and I was recently tested and confirmed to have ADD. Do I inform the military about this or try and barrel through?

I don't want drugs and talked to the psychologist about neurofeedback which sounds great.

I've heard contradictory things regarding ADD and the military ranging from it getting a "meh" to people getting kicked out. So... I figure everyone here as military doctors would know.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I have a question obviously. ;)

I'm HPSP and I was recently tested and confirmed to have ADD. Do I inform the military about this or try and barrel through?

I don't want drugs and talked to the psychologist about neurofeedback which sounds great.

I've heard contradictory things regarding ADD and the military ranging from it getting a "meh" to people getting kicked out. So... I figure everyone here as military doctors would know.

Thank you.

You will not be kicked out. Yes, you should tell them.

You can't get in with the diagnosis on meds, but you can stay in if diagnosed after entry into program.

I recommend caffeine in large quantities. It works for me. :D