Add more schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osteohack10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting caught up on secondaries and considering adding some additional programs. cGPA 3.41 sGPA 3.52 MCAT 26, strong clinical and non-clinical ECs - Anybody have some thoughts on whether I should add a few more places and what they might be? I know a couple of the schools on this list are a bit of a reach, but I'm an optimistic person!

Current school list:

Secondary Submitted
LMU-DCOM
DMU
KCOM
PCOM-PA
NSU
WVSOM
CUSOM
ACOM
MU-COM

On Hold (Waiting for MCAT to be posted to AACOMAS)
LECOM-E
KCUMB
VCOM-SC
UNECOM

No Primary Acknowledgment
LUCOM
KYCOM
PNWU
Rowan
WCU-COM
PCOM-GA

Edit: Marian secondary received this evening around 6 PM. MU-COM working on the weekends?!

Also.. If anybody has some advice on how to let schools know my official scores have been posted, it would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@osteohack10 ... I think you should be fine... No need to add more schools IMO.

Getting caught up on secondaries and considering adding some additional programs. cGPA 3.41 sGPA 3.52 MCAT 26, strong clinical and non-clinical ECs - Anybody have some thoughts on whether I should add a few more places and what they might be? I know a couple of the schools on this list are a bit of a reach, but I'm an optimistic person!

Current school list:

Secondary Submitted
LMU-DCOM
DMU
KCOM
PCOM-PA
NSU
WVSOM
CUSOM
ACOM

On Hold (Waiting for MCAT to be posted to AACOMAS)
MU-COM
LECOM-E
KCUMB
VCOM-SC
UNECOM

No Primary Acknowledgment
LUCOM
KYCOM
PNWU
Rowan

Also.. If anybody has some advice on how to let schools know my official scores have been posted, it would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

Stats wise, I think those numbers IMO are competitive everywhere (DO wise).

Members don't see this ad :)
I may just be getting a bit ahead of myself. I was hoping to have all my secondaries in by August 1st but still on hold at a few places, and I'm not sure if there is a 'procedure' for letting some of the programs know my scores have been posted. I also threw in a primary at CCOM because I am from the midwest, but I'm holding off on a secondary because I'm pretty well below competitive for their MCAT. Still considering SOMA, LECOM-B and AZCOM. I've only ever intended to apply to DO programs because I truly do want to be an OSTEOPATHIC physician. Now the trick is to convince the schools of that. This process is brutal!

Last edited:
OP, your list is fine. You can email schools ~1.5wks after your scores post, but honestly most schools updated automatically.

If I recall correctly, when I applied (oh so long ago) UMDNJ-SOM (now Rowan-SOM) had a secondary that was a PDF or doc on their website, so you may want to look into that. The rest are probably just waiting for your score.

Thank you, @Goro! I'm not originally from New England but I love UNECOM and did a post bacc on the east coast with some faculty from the school. It seems like a pretty incredible place with very happy students.