Addicted to SDN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tribeca

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone please pry me away from the computer. Ever since I've discovered SDN I've been on it 24/7. It was fine during the break, but now I actually have to - what's it called? - STUDY! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

DSIII said:
Someone please pry me away from the computer. Ever since I've discovered SDN I've been on it 24/7. It was fine during the break, but now I actually have to - what's it called? - STUDY! :rolleyes:

D00d, tell me about it. I check it like 10x a day, even if I'm not posting every time. In the beginning I thought that once I got into a school I'd be less paranoid and thus drift away, but that's not the case! I'm more addicted now than ever!

Messerschmitts said:
D00d, tell me about it. I check it like 10x a day, even if I'm not posting every time. In the beginning I thought that once I got into a school I'd be less paranoid and thus drift away, but that's not the case! I'm more addicted now than ever!

I'm glad to see I'm not te only one! I'm actually trying to justify being here all the time that it will help me prepare, but now I have to stop planning for the future and start living my life! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
DSIII said:

Yes, I have the same problem...they should have an SDN Anonymous program

You don't yet know the depths of true SDN addiction.

*Raises hand* I too have been afflicted with the SDN addiction... :scared:

Don't worry after a while you get a little bored of hearing the same stuff (e.g. "what are my chances", "URM vs. ORM", "ivy vs. pub undergrad")...

By now I really only care about a.) things that affect or otherwise interest me (i.e. the VCU central thread), b.) things where someone genuinely needs help, or c.) things that are humorous (gotta love the occassional trollings)

I wonder what causes this addiction.

mhh...there are many of us then. :)

after a while you learn to separate the wheat from the chaff, and few threads merit attention. even this ones been done many times, but some are more or less frequent than others

it would be interesting if strict forum etiquette were enforced, where everyone would have to search intensely for old threads before posting new ones. i usually try to follow that, but most on sdn are pretty loose with opening new threads

its only when posting rate hits double digits that you have to start worrying. as long as someone mostly reads its easy to grow weary of that.

I think the cure for most people is starting med school. Seriously, it's astonishing how many users disappear forever after August.

humuhumu said:
I think the cure for most people is starting med school. Seriously, it's astonishing how many users disappear forever after August.
I'll probably disappear for awhile once I start, just like I did during senior year of college. If I weren't applying right now, I'd probably sign on much less frequently, and I probably wouldn't venture out of the lounge. Pre-allo, in particular, gets old fast. Too many obnoxious people asking the same questions.

DSIII said:

I can't go through a day without serfing SDN.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who religiously checks this thing!

When will it say 50+ posts next to my avatar?!?! I've been typing away for so long! LOL. :laugh:

humuhumu said:

Yeah, just wait until you apply for residency. Then you'll be in the GME forums, and slumming it in the pre-allo forums like me.

i've just imagined us in the addicts clinic surrounded by drugs and alcohol, pushing all of this stuff away and using bottle tags and weed raps to try and make a rope so that someone could escape and bring in a computer so that we could log on SDN forums.

It's so cute to see people with 10+ posts talking about their addiction. When you get to the point that you don't think it's a problem anymore that you're on here several times a day, then you're really addicted. Except me, I don't have a problem. I'm completely normal; I'm not addicted- stop looking at me- I told you: I don't have an addiction!

When I wake up in the morning, I check SDN forums as I drink my coffee, then I go to work and keep SDN on my work computer and regularly read it, then I go home in the evening and I spend my evening time on SDN while watching TV at the same time. Then go to bed, wake up in the morning, and the cycle begins. I can't stop. At least not until I know where I am going.

i have it up on my desktop constantly while i'm at work...i have noticed my posting has waned as of late. i guess once i got accepted, i didn't much care to read about "interviewing" or "this school vs. that school." last year at this time, i was strictly in the mcat forum...oh how times have changed.