Adding a school after the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Golfguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Like a bonehead, I checked almost every school when I signed up for the DAT, unfortunately I left out the University of Minnesota. After reading the DAT guide it seems that the score will be made available to them after AADSAS posts it. But, I'm assuming they won't get a report from the ADA. Is the score from AADSAS enough for most schools, and does anyone know about Minnesota in particular?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys,

Like a bonehead, I checked almost every school when I signed up for the DAT, unfortunately I left out the University of Minnesota. After reading the DAT guide it seems that the score will be made available to them after AADSAS posts it. But, I'm assuming they won't get a report from the ADA. Is the score from AADSAS enough for most schools, and does anyone know about Minnesota in particular?

Thanks!

It should be good enough. It sound like every school is just going through AADSAS and so far, I haven't noticed a single one that's specifically asked for a score straight from ADA.

AwesomeTeeth is right. I called AADSAS about it and they told me as long as you checked one school on the list, ADA will send the scores to AADSAS and it will be available to all your school designations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for saving me $25.00 guys.

Thanks for saving me $25.00 guys.

Haha $25 isn't anything. Before the new DAT come out with the updated ADA instructions and "all you can eat" dental school designations, ALOT of people, including myself, thought you had to send your scores to every school you applied to after the initial 5. So we were all blowing (15 schools X $25) = $375 every year just sending our scores out when we didn't really have to. The ADA probably made a small fortune off all of us.

Dang, I just wasted $25 sending a score to a school I forgot to check :mad: Wish I saw this thread earlier. I called ADA too, and OF COURSE they told me I had to pay up... Oh well.