Adding an Additional LOR after Complete?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almostnever

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was talking with one of the doctors I work with about a recent interview I attended and he enthusiastically offered to write me an LOR specifically for the med school he attended. I applied to this school, (one of my dream schools), awhile ago and have been complete, (secondary, LOR's, etc.) for over a month.

Is it possible to add an additional LOR at this point? Though he doesn't have any remaining connections at the school, he does have a pretty high-ranking title at the company where I work.

Members don't see this ad.

I was talking with one of the doctors I work with about a recent interview I attended and he enthusiastically offered to write me an LOR specifically for the med school he attended. I applied to this school, (one of my dream schools), awhile ago and have been complete, (secondary, LOR's, etc.) for over a month.

Is it possible to add an additional LOR at this point? Though he doesn't have any remaining connections at the school, he does have a pretty high-ranking title at the company where I work.
His letter is unlikely to make a difference as he has not maintained a relationship with the school.

Last edited by a moderator:
alumni recs arent that powerful

I added a LOR after I was complete. And no, my application portal didn't spontaneously explode.