adding another school in amcas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bondgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was thinking about adding another school to the list that I already have in amcas and was wondering about timing:
I submitted my amcas application and it was transmitted to all the schools sometime in July; I have secondaries from those schools already. So my application should be verified by amcas already, right? Therfore if I resubmit it, will they transmit it to the school soon, or will it take 5-8 weeks? Is it a waste to add another school so much later than the others? Anyone else doing this?
Thanks very much.

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you are only adding schools, it takes about 1-2 weeks for your application to be transmitted to the new school. I do not belive that it affects in any way the schools that have already received your application.

Just because you have secondaries is no guarantee that you are verified (one would think you would be by now, but with AMCAS you never know). Does your app when you click on the print application button show a date processed in the upper right hand corner? But regardless of verified status, you should be able to add a school and have the preliminary info transmitted to the new school fairly quickly. The 5-8 weeks is the time it takes for verification, and even if you're not verified now, you should be soon.

SMW, there is a 'date processed' when I click the print application! Yeah! Thanks to both of you.