adding dental schools to apply to on AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

randavis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know if there is a delay if i were to add a couple more dental schools to apply to on AADSAS. I have decided that I want to apply to a few other schools, but I dont want to slow down my application at all, being that it is July 11th and my stuff still hasnt been mailed.

Members don't see this ad.

i was wondering the same thing...

Members don't see this ad :)
I added schools. When you pick schools for the initial round and pay for them you get a "submitted" date for those schools. When you pay the $75 per school to add a school your new schools get a separate "submitted" date. They are actually in a separate section in the aaadsas "designated schools" screen. None of my apps have been mailed out yet and I haven't called AADSAS to see if they batch them at the latest possible date or if the do multiple mailings or what happens. The last time I spoke with AADSAS they seemed pretty focused on the "submitted" date and not doing anyone any favors.

Here's AADSAS instructions for adding schools:

Q: Can I apply to additional dental schools after I submit my AADSAS application?

A: Yes. To do so:

1. Logon to your AADSAS application
2. Select "Dental School Designations"
3. Select the additional dental schools to which you wish to have your AADSAS application sent
4. Click on the "Save" button at the top of the page
5. Instructions will appear for submitting payment

The fee for applying to additional dental schools after initial submission is $75 for the first school, and $70 for each additional school.

Yeah, I e-submitted my first 8 choices on june 15th and around that time had everything verified not to long after that, so when I took the DAT June 29th, my family urged me to apply to 8 more, so I decided to add more on june 30th. So yeah, I'm hoping it didn't delay how my app is going to get sent, because it hasn't been mailed out yet and ready to call aadsas about it because i'm starting to freak out about it. :(

I don't think it gets delayed... I had an intial 7 schools designated when I submitted my application on 5/29.. and then just five days ago, I added one more. They still all got sent together, TODAY (7/13)! the AADSAS people told me it would take up to eight weeks.. so this was about right I think..