Adding grades to NIH Biosketch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedClause

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a postdoc creating a biosketch, and the NIH SciENcv indicates to enter all courses and grades. I've had a couple of failures in my doctoral education. Do I need to enter my grades?

Biosketch Format Pages, Instructions and Samples | grants.nih.gov
And I have yet to see a faculty with their grades on their biosketch?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a postdoc creating a biosketch, and the NIH SciENcv indicates to enter all courses and grades. I've had a couple of failures in my doctoral education. Do I need to enter my grades?

Thank you in advance.
It depends on your stage of training. As a grad student for my F grant applications, I had to list my undergrad grades and standardized exams (i.e. MCAT and Step I) under the last section of my biosketch. Of course, tenured senior professors don't have their undergrad or grad school grades listed. If NIH says you're supposed to list it at your stage, it's best to list everything they say.

Thank you in advance.
The instructions are tedious, but informative: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/how-t...rson-profile-(expanded)-form.htm#Instructions

Specifically, they say that applicants for a post-doc need to list all graduate scientific/professional coursework.

Faculty don't list their grades because they're applying for career development awards, and the instructions say to skip the scholastic performance section there.

Reactions: 1 user