Adding LoR for schools where I have interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RuggedShark

Reaction score
I didn't really know how to title this one, sorry.

I have an LoR from a research mentor that I got kind of late and only submitted to a handful of schools. I think it is a very strong letter. I'm fortunate to have some interview offers, but some of the schools are research-heavy, and I don't have a ton of research experience. If I ask them to consider this letter when making a decision on my application, is that helpful or just annoying? My gut says annoying, but I'm not sure. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I have an LoR from a research mentor that I got kind of late and only submitted to a handful of schools. I think it is a very strong letter. I'm fortunate to have some interview offers, but some of the schools are research-heavy, and I don't have a ton of research experience. If I ask them to consider this letter when making a decision on my application, is that helpful or just annoying? My gut says annoying, but I'm not sure. Thank you!
I don't completely understand. These schools do not have this research letter but have other professor letters? Do you want to send them this letter and "tell them" to read it?

Safest thing: your instinct is right. Don't do it.

Reactions: 1 users

Have mercy on us who have to read these things. One more letter is just simply gilding the lily. It's not going to move the needle

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
That's what I figured :) Definitely no then. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user