Adding more programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loureed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm currently sitting at 5 interview invites and was told I should add more programs to my list (currently at 40). I would think its too late for adding more programs but wanted to see what y'all thought. Definitely nervous about not having enough invites, any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

my program has already done 2/3 of the interview dates. I would apply to more places but they may be in a similar situation where they won't interview more applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
my program has already done 2/3 of the interview dates. I would apply to more places but they may be in a similar situation where they won't interview more applicants.
Yeah that was my fear but I guess I don't have much of a choice. I appreciate the input! Guess I just have to rock the interviews I have because I feel like there's not gonna be a ton more invites rolling out

Members don't see this ad :)
I would have at least 10-15 programs to rank :)...but it all really depends on the type of candidate you are in terms of competitiveness.

I would have at least 10-15 programs to rank :)...but it all really depends on the type of candidate you are in terms of competitiveness.
welcome to the unprecedented all virtual cycle of 2020. it seems like there is a biphasic distribution of interview invite numbers this cycle due to interview hoarding. 5 isn't abysmal given something like 70 or 80% usmd match within their top 3.