Adding more schools after submitting AADSAS application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trevina

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm debating in choosing dental schools. I would appreciate if you could help me out.
My stats: 4.0 GPA, ~120 shadowing hours. ~160 volunteer hours ( community and hospital) ~1500 working hours related fine motor skills, no research ......Haven't taken DAT ...It's coming soon within 10 days but I'm not confident with biology (the others may be fine). I'm thinking about applying to only 3 schools in my state first. Then after I get the DAT results, I can add more schools regarding the score. I don't want to keep my application for so long because everything else is ready. Should I do that? Will it make the application being delay to send to schools or anything else?
Thanks so much guys

Members don't see this ad.

Hi.

I actually did something similar. I only sent to 3 schools (through FAP) when I submitted my application. I took my DAT half a month later, and then submitted the rest of my apps on that day.

I believe it takes a minimum of 2 weeks for DAT scores to be reported to the AADSAS. Whereas if you add more schools, AADSAS mails it in at the end of every week (I think?). So I don't think it will make much of a difference adding schools later.

But take this with a grain of salt because this is just something I've gathered from reading through the forum.

Reactions: 1 user