Adding more schools to AMCAS after verification?

Sean Lee

Jan 16, 2014
  1. Non-Student
    My AMCAS primary has been verified already, and if I want to add a few more schools, do I need to resubmit my application again?

Or do I simply go to the medical schools tab and add in additional schools?

The Milkman

5+ Year Member
    Jun 22, 2013
    at your doorstep
    1. Medical Student
      Go to the med schools tab and add more schools. It will prompt you to submit your application, after you've added a school, but you can just go back and add the rest that you want before you update your application. After all of your desired schools have been added, go to the main menu and hit update application (it should be in red text on the right hand side). Its not really "resubmitting", just updating.

About the Ads

Sean Lee

Jan 16, 2014
      1. Non-Student
        Go to the med schools tab and add more schools. It will prompt you to submit your application, after you've added a school, but you can just go back and add the rest that you want before you update your application. After all of your desired schools have been added, go to the main menu and hit update application (it should be in red text on the right hand side). Its not really "resubmitting", just updating.

Thanks.

And after I click on "update", that's it right? I don't have to wait for another round of verification?

Reactions: 1 user

Sean Lee

Jan 16, 2014
        1. Non-Student
          I hear that AMCAS will send out the first batch of verified app to medical schools on 6/27.

If I add 1-2 schools, it will not prevent my app from being send out along this same batch, right?

mrh125

Membership Revoked
          Removed
          Aug 4, 2013
          1. Pre-Medical
            My AMCAS primary has been verified already, and if I want to add a few more schools, do I need to resubmit my application again?

Or do I simply go to the medical schools tab and add in additional schools?
            no, you just have to make sure you pay and hit all the checkboxes again. I've added around 15 schools since submitting

Sean Lee

Jan 16, 2014
            1. Non-Student
              Update:

My primary has been verified/processed on June 23rd. Today (6/25), I added another medical school to my list and paid the $36 fee. However, AMCAS is not allowing me to update my application. The update application box on the main page remains unavailable, telling me that I have not yet made a permitted change to my submitted application. It has been over an hour since I've added a new school. Any suggestions?

The new medical school I just added is now showing on my application (and the PDF version), and I received the credit card receipt from AMCAS. However, the "update application" box still remains grayed-out, and whenever I try to click it, it says that I have not yet made a permitted change to my submitted application.

Is something wrong?

Copernicium

wenk
              10+ Year Member
              Apr 25, 2011
              1. Resident [Any Field]
                Update:

My primary has been verified/processed on June 23rd. Today (6/25), I added another medical school to my list and paid the $36 fee. However, AMCAS is not allowing me to update my application. The update application box on the main page remains unavailable, telling me that I have not yet made a permitted change to my submitted application. It has been over an hour since I've added a new school. Any suggestions?

The new medical school I just added is now showing on my application (and the PDF version), and I received the credit card receipt from AMCAS. However, the "update application" box still remains grayed-out, and whenever I try to click it, it says that I have not yet made a permitted change to my submitted application.

Is something wrong?

This is what happened to me. I assume you going through that process means it already updated.

Sean Lee

Jan 16, 2014
                1. Non-Student
                  This is what happened to me. I assume you going through that process means it already updated.

Are you saying that after you added more schools after verification, AMCAS won't let you update?

So basically, if you are just adding more schools (and not making other types of changes), you're automatically updated as soon as AMCAS gets the moola?

gettheleadout

MD
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  10+ Year Member
                  Verified Expert
                  Jun 23, 2010
                  1. Resident [Any Field]
                    Update:

Is something wrong?
                    You can always call AMCAS during the day to clarify, but I would just assume that payment is all that's required (no re-certification since you didn't edit information or anything).

About the Ads
                    This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                    7. This thread is locked.