Adding more schools to AMCAS after verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sean Lee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AMCAS primary has been verified already, and if I want to add a few more schools, do I need to resubmit my application again?

Or do I simply go to the medical schools tab and add in additional schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Go to the med schools tab and add more schools. It will prompt you to submit your application, after you've added a school, but you can just go back and add the rest that you want before you update your application. After all of your desired schools have been added, go to the main menu and hit update application (it should be in red text on the right hand side). Its not really "resubmitting", just updating.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to the med schools tab and add more schools. It will prompt you to submit your application, after you've added a school, but you can just go back and add the rest that you want before you update your application. After all of your desired schools have been added, go to the main menu and hit update application (it should be in red text on the right hand side). Its not really "resubmitting", just updating.

Thanks.

And after I click on "update", that's it right? I don't have to wait for another round of verification?

Reactions: 1 user
I hear that AMCAS will send out the first batch of verified app to medical schools on 6/27.

If I add 1-2 schools, it will not prevent my app from being send out along this same batch, right?

My AMCAS primary has been verified already, and if I want to add a few more schools, do I need to resubmit my application again?

Or do I simply go to the medical schools tab and add in additional schools?
no, you just have to make sure you pay and hit all the checkboxes again. I've added around 15 schools since submitting

If you add schools after the 27th, do they get sent automatically? Or are they sent out/downloaded once a week?

Update:

My primary has been verified/processed on June 23rd. Today (6/25), I added another medical school to my list and paid the $36 fee. However, AMCAS is not allowing me to update my application. The update application box on the main page remains unavailable, telling me that I have not yet made a permitted change to my submitted application. It has been over an hour since I've added a new school. Any suggestions?

The new medical school I just added is now showing on my application (and the PDF version), and I received the credit card receipt from AMCAS. However, the "update application" box still remains grayed-out, and whenever I try to click it, it says that I have not yet made a permitted change to my submitted application.

Is something wrong?

Update:

My primary has been verified/processed on June 23rd. Today (6/25), I added another medical school to my list and paid the $36 fee. However, AMCAS is not allowing me to update my application. The update application box on the main page remains unavailable, telling me that I have not yet made a permitted change to my submitted application. It has been over an hour since I've added a new school. Any suggestions?

The new medical school I just added is now showing on my application (and the PDF version), and I received the credit card receipt from AMCAS. However, the "update application" box still remains grayed-out, and whenever I try to click it, it says that I have not yet made a permitted change to my submitted application.

Is something wrong?

This is what happened to me. I assume you going through that process means it already updated.

This is what happened to me. I assume you going through that process means it already updated.

Are you saying that after you added more schools after verification, AMCAS won't let you update?

So basically, if you are just adding more schools (and not making other types of changes), you're automatically updated as soon as AMCAS gets the moola?

Update:

Is something wrong?
You can always call AMCAS during the day to clarify, but I would just assume that payment is all that's required (no re-certification since you didn't edit information or anything).

You can always call AMCAS during the day to clarify, but I would just assume that payment is all that's required (no re-certification since you didn't edit information or anything).

Thanks!

I just emailed AMCAS.