Adding more schools to AMCAS, how long for second verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glucose

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so at the beginning of the month I paid for 6 schools and I'm waiting for my initial AMCAS verification.
Two questions:
1.After this first verification, if I submit more schools do I have to wait this ridiculous amount of time all over again.
2. If I add more schools now, during this annoying interim period, will it prolong the time it takes for my initial submission. i.e will I be bumped back to the back of the 'line' again?
How does this stupid process work. You would think for all the money we pay them it would run a little more quickly and smoothly.

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing gets verified. It takes about a week for the additoional schools to get transmitted.

I totally agree: it's crap this takes longer than a week given the insanely high fee.

As for going to the back of the line, I don't know, but I have the same question . . . .

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok so it will take about a week for transmission of additional schools right.
But what if you add these additional schools while still awaitig verification?
I submitted in July right, but if I add more schools now (that I'm awaiting verification) will it be like I submitted in August ( for the first time).
So I understand that provided you were verified it will take a week for additional schools, but if you're not yet verified , what effect does adding schools when your application is "active" have on the total time it takes for that initial verification.
I don't know if I've articulated this well. Does anyone else have the same question?
Thanks though spiderman

I totally understand and am in the same situation. Unfortunatley I don;t have any answers. I suppose emailing amcas would help. I emailed them last month about something and they were quick and helpful

I have the answer (only to this question, don't get too happy).

I added one school recently while I was in the process of being verified. I got verified today, the other schools were transmitted, the added school has not been transmitted as a couple of others haven't.

So here is what I am saying: I don't think you go to the back of the line - your verification is separate than your transmittal, adding schools won't push your verification back. The school you add will probably get transmitted whenever their next batch goes or whatever, so the transmittal may take a few extra days (don't know how many, but will let you know when that gets transmitted).

X