adding schools slows down verification?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Returnednds

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted AMCAS a few days back. Just added a school yesterday and received an e-mail saying the AMCAS has been "re-submitted." Does this mean as I keep adding schools, it'll take longer to verify? Should I hold off on adding any more schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious about this too. Anyone have a more definitive answer? When I want to add schools, it says stuff about recertifying and resubmitting which makes me feel like I'm losing my spot in line.

I don't really know if it does. But if you are really concerned, just wait until after it is verified, as it will be instantaneous after that. I added another school to mine minutes after it was processed and it added immediately with no wait time. If you wait, you won't even really be losing any time because it is so quick.

i dont think so, verification is just a AMCAS official cross referencing your official transcript with the one you put in on your AMCAS application, it would make no sense to recertify every time you add another school as it is a standardized applicaiton