Adding Schools To AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hankthekind

Reaction score
I have completed secondaries to 14 MD schools, and I am thinking about applying to 15-20 more. I’m seeking opinions on whether it is worth spending $2000 to add schools to AMCAS at this time in the cycle. They will be low-tier schools. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on your odds of getting into the first 14. We need stats, ecs, what schools you applied to, etc

Depends on your odds of getting into the first 14. We need stats, ecs, what schools you applied to, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
I should add that I respect Goro’s opinion 100%. I’m just looking for multiple perspectives.

I have completed secondaries to 14 MD schools, and I am thinking about applying to 15-20 more. I’m seeking opinions on whether it is worth spending $2000 to add schools to AMCAS at this time in the cycle. They will be low-tier schools. Thank you.
Yes -- It is not super late, and 14 is a below average number of schools -- most people do something in the 20s, with outliers going into the 40s or even higher! You are already verified and could very well have all additional secondaries in by the middle of September. If I only applied to 14 schools and wasn't overconfident, I'd add some more. As I'm sure you know, your GPA is great; MCAT, not so much!! You'll do very well DO, but are borderline for MD because of the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user