Mutterkuchen

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2001
804
3
Omaha
Visit site
Status
I am going to submit my AMCAS today, but there are a couple of schools I am unsure about. If I go ahead and submit without adding the additional schools, approximately how long will it take to have the additional ones transmitted if I add them later? Is there any danger here?
 

Pickle Salt

*curtsies*
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
316
1
TX
Visit site
Status
JBJ,

After I submitted my AMCAS in June, I thought about adding a couple more schools to my list. The reason I decided not to is that I think that when you make any sort of changes whatsoever to your app, as I'm sure you know, you must go through the whole certification, payments, etc as you did once before. This whole process would probably cost you at least a month (?) in time. If i were you, I would put alot of schools down and give up the 30 bucks for each. That way, even if you decide later on that you're not interested, at least you wont have to delay your processing by adding more. Just my opinion, hope it helps.
 
About the Ads
J

jot

i submitted my app 6/10 - had it verified and transitted to schools - and i just added another school a couple days ago. it is waiting to be transmitted (it might already be) - i had to recertify and dole out more dosh;) but it was quick and painless.
 

CamelJockey

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2002
41
0
Visit site
Status
My orginal application was certified around the 22nd of June +/-. I added 1 school I was researching, paid $30 and it was recertified and submitted a few days later. 100% painless.
 
OP
M

Mutterkuchen

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2001
804
3
Omaha
Visit site
Status
Thanks. I actually took Pickle Salt's advice and added the the three schools on the bubble. What is another $90 right? Now I just wait.
 
About the Ads