Adding schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docveda

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering if i should add nova, temple and tufts to my schools. I am a resident of NC, so i was wondering if it was a good idea to apply to these expensive schools ( i dont want to end up paying loans till i am 50). Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from Michigan and I applied to Nova. Don't know if i'd be able to handle the temp. or not. I don't know too much about the school, but it's all pretty much brand new, so that's a plus. As for If you should apply or not.....why not. What's another $70 to AADSAS on top of everything else they already got right.

docveda said:
Hey guys i was wondering if i should add nova, temple and tufts to my schools. I am a resident of NC, so i was wondering if it was a good idea to apply to these expensive schools ( i dont want to end up paying loans till i am 50). Any advice would be appreciated.

Not a bad idea but I would be concerned how late your app will be sent. My original AADSAS mailed 7/21. I added one school 8/25 and it has not been sent yet. I thought it would go out with the next mailing since everything was complete. Guess not. I'm sure the schools you listed already have plenty of good applicants to fill their class. You might be wasting your money at this point.

Unless you pay "in-state tuition", all other schools (private or public) will be expensive! Most state schools will not let you change residency status and require you to pay out of state tuition all 4 years which could be more expensive than private schools such as Nova or Tufts.

So do you guys reccommend that applying to nova, tufts and temple would be worth it considering my scores ?