"Additional Comments" on secondaries. Do or not do?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Tweetie_bird, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

I have a nice essay that I wrote for Mich and Loyola that I'd like to use for secondaries like Finch where they allow you room to make "additional comments."

My question is--do you think it's appropriate to use an essay on Finch that addresses the evolution of my perspective about serving patients? It kinda reads like a personal statement, and it's about one page long. Do you think it's overkill? I want them to actually read this essay, since I believe it's a good one. What is your input on this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. brownemily22

brownemily22 Member
    7+ Year Member

i'd put it in there. every positive thing that they can know about you can only work in your favor. even if they do think it's a little out of place, you are erring on the side of caution i think.

4. S.c. Cdc28p

S.c. Cdc28p Member
    7+ Year Member

Consider all "optional" questions as mandatory. They would most likely only help you.

5. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I did it last year. I gave Finch a somewhat revised copy of what I wrote for my essay to USF. I got an interview at Finch last year, so it could have only have helped. I think a lot of people end up "recycling" their essays for other schools because it just gets too time consuming to write a bunch of essays, especially when you apply to 32 schools like I did. :)

6. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

:( try 34. How many secondaries are you filling out? I want to stop at 22 because of funds.

Thanks for you input guys, I think I'll just throw them another personal statement their way. :laugh: This way i get to have TWO!!

7. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

My first thought about this thread:

Do or do not do. There is no try.

8. dpark74

dpark74 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Wise words...Yoda kicks A$$!!