"Additional Comments" on secondaries. Do or not do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a nice essay that I wrote for Mich and Loyola that I'd like to use for secondaries like Finch where they allow you room to make "additional comments."

My question is--do you think it's appropriate to use an essay on Finch that addresses the evolution of my perspective about serving patients? It kinda reads like a personal statement, and it's about one page long. Do you think it's overkill? I want them to actually read this essay, since I believe it's a good one. What is your input on this?

Members don't see this ad.

i'd put it in there. every positive thing that they can know about you can only work in your favor. even if they do think it's a little out of place, you are erring on the side of caution i think.

Consider all "optional" questions as mandatory. They would most likely only help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did it last year. I gave Finch a somewhat revised copy of what I wrote for my essay to USF. I got an interview at Finch last year, so it could have only have helped. I think a lot of people end up "recycling" their essays for other schools because it just gets too time consuming to write a bunch of essays, especially when you apply to 32 schools like I did. :)

:( try 34. How many secondaries are you filling out? I want to stop at 22 because of funds.

Thanks for you input guys, I think I'll just throw them another personal statement their way. :laugh: This way i get to have TWO!!

My first thought about this thread:

Do or do not do. There is no try.

Originally posted by Random Access
My first thought about this thread:

Do or do not do. There is no try.

Wise words...Yoda kicks A$$!!