Additional Letters of Rec

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shiningbright

Reaction score
One of my supervisors wants to submit an additional LOR for my application to medical school. Is it tedious/inconsiderate of me to ask them to send it to 5-7 schools individually?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
One of my supervisors wants to submit an additional LOR for my application to medical school. Is it tedious/inconsiderate of me to ask them to send it to 5-7 schools individually?

Thanks!
Have mercy on those of us who have to read these things!

Thank him/her and say you have enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard back from places where you interviewed? I'd hold off sending another letter at this point (without more information).
Yes, I've heard back from places I've interviewed. I was considering sending this additional letter to the post-interview schools that I'm still waiting to hear back from.

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks!
All letters must be sent through AMCAS, and the window for doing that closed long ago. The only exceptions are a handful schools that do not participate in the AMCAS Letters Service.

At best this move will be ineffective. At worst it will be seen as rule-breaking, and may negatively impact your candidacy.

Reactions: 3 users