ADEA AADSAS application problem with choosing top 6 experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It looks like there are problems after problems... :( Has anyone had this problem after submission? I selected 6 the most important items before submission. When I downloaded my application pdf file after the submission, dental shadowing was unselected! So, I tried to select it on the ADEA website, it's bugged and won't let me select. It also happened to my friend, specifically for dental shadowing. Am I misunderstanding something here?
Friend has pdf file before the submission and after and it clearly got unselected hence 5/6 only starred. So did mine looks like!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me - I called and they said they couldn't do anything about it once it was submitted.

Same thing happened to me - I called and they said they couldn't do anything about it once it was submitted.
Yea I called ADEA today too. The staff told me she never heard of this happening lol..... Obviously, there is a flaw in their programming. I was told by ADEA staff that they will submit the ticket to IT department. Unreal right?
So, when I saw 5/6 on my stars, I just clicked whatever LOL thinking all the stars were bugged. Now I have some random experience starred xD

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I called ADEA today too. The staff told me she never heard of this happening lol..... Obviously, there is a flaw in their programming. I was told by ADEA staff that they will submit the ticket to IT department. Unreal right?
So, when I saw 5/6 on my stars, I just clicked whatever LOL thinking all the stars were bugged. Now I have some random experience starred xD

I did the exact same thing. Now one of my top experiences is a job I had for a summer that is one of my least relevant experiences; however, when I called she stated they could not do anything. They told you that they could fix it?

Wow, I'm sorry that happened to you guys. I don't think it should really affect you, though I hope it gets resolved. I have yet to submit my application, should I avoid selecting a Dental Shadowing experience as one of my top 6?

Wow, I'm sorry that happened to you guys. I don't think it should really affect you, though I hope it gets resolved. I have yet to submit my application, should I avoid selecting a Dental Shadowing experience as one of my top 6?

No so basically what happened was I had 6 choices selected, and after I submitted I noticed there was only five. Not thinking, I clicked on a random star because I was confused which ones were selected and which weren't. I guess you are allowed to select them after you submit but not unselect them. So now I just have this random job experience in my "highlighted" category. I'm not too worried about it. Just a little annoying to say the least.

No so basically what happened was I had 6 choices selected, and after I submitted I noticed there was only five. Not thinking, I clicked on a random star because I was confused which ones were selected and which weren't. I guess you are allowed to select them after you submit but not unselect them. So now I just have this random job experience in my "highlighted" category. I'm not too worried about it. Just a little annoying to say the least.
To add, I could not re-select the dental shadowing. The stat button for dental shadowing was bugged. The rest star buttons worked when I just clicked on other exp to check.

I did the exact same thing. Now one of my top experiences is a job I had for a summer that is one of my least relevant experiences; however, when I called she stated they could not do anything. They told you that they could fix it?
I will update you once I get their replies!

I read a while ago on a different thread that the starring feature was not rolled out this cycle. So no one's is visible. It's apparently going to be implemented next year, but for whatever reason they messed up.

I read a while ago on a different thread that the starring feature was not rolled out this cycle. So no one's is visible. It's apparently going to be implemented next year, but for whatever reason they messed up.
The application pdf file still shows the top six experiences with asterisk mark. I don't think this is valid.

Just a follow up,

I have been emailing/calling ADEA on this matter. It seems like getting worse. I talked to few staffs on the phone and told me that schools will see all the experiences I listed. I just got replies from my ticket. This staff is saying schools will only see top 6. I am not really sure which claim is correct. Also, he or she confirmed top 6 experiences with me again in the email and they are completely different from my current top 6 experiences shown in ADEA application.

Last edited:
Just a follow up,

I have been emailing/calling ADEA on this matter. It seems like getting worse. I talked to few staffs on the phone and told me that schools will see all the experiences I listed. I just got replies from my ticket. This staff is saying schools will only see top 6. I am not really sure which claim is correct. Also, he or she confirmed top 6 experiences with me again in the email and they are completely different from my current top 6 experiences shown in ADEA application.

They didn't allow you to switch it?

Just a follow up,

Wait, so the top 6 we chose, are probably not the top 6 the schools will see? My PDF shows the top 6 with an asterisk next to them. Are they not the ones schools will see? Is this a glitch in their system?

Also, after i submitted, i went to check and make sure my experiences had my top 5 chosen, I only chose 5. i clicked on one of the stars, and it wouldn't let me unclick it. What a system?!?! I called to see if I could change it they said, no!. Luckily it was a good experience. but point is that the system should allow you to change your starred experience like you were able to before submitting.

Wait, so the top 6 we chose, are probably not the top 6 the schools will see? My PDF shows the top 6 with an asterisk next to them. Are they not the ones schools will see? Is this a glitch in their system?

Also, after i submitted, i went to check and make sure my experiences had my top 5 chosen, I only chose 5. i clicked on one of the stars, and it wouldn't let me unclick it. What a system?!?! I called to see if I could change it they said, no!. Luckily it was a good experience. but point is that the system should allow you to change your starred experience like you were able to before submitting.
Yup, that was what happened to me and few other students lol
I randomly clicked my experience and now its one of my top 6 experiences. haha I personally think schools will see what we see in the pdf file but I am not completely sure. I talked to quiet a few staffs at ADEA and they seem very lost.

Yup, that was what happened to me and few other students lol
I randomly clicked my experience and now its one of my top 6 experiences. haha I personally think schools will see what we see in the pdf file but I am not completely sure. I talked to quiet a few staffs at ADEA and they seem very lost.
Haha, glad im not the only one. I think they its bc the system has had many problems that they don't have any updates for students. My "check status" tab has been down for over 2 weeks now. Every time I call, I get "it'll be back soon" or "for sure by Monday".

Reactions: 1 user
Haha, glad im not the only one. I think they its bc the system has had many problems that they don't have any updates for students. My "check status" tab has been down for over 2 weeks now. Every time I call, I get "it'll be back soon" or "for sure by Monday".
lol mine was down for a week and a half. called them like after a few days and they said it should be up by the following day.
finally when i was able to access it, the interface is completely different ( i actually think it's last year's interface) but I like it better. I don't udnerstand why they have this new and extremely slow/glithcy/****ty only work on internet explorer website this cycle.
Last year it was more plain but I think it went smoother.
I hope yours will start working again soon. from my undertanding it doesn't affect schools looking at your application and nothing really happens till end of jul/august and thereon so youre good for now.

Reactions: 1 user