ADEA applicaiton quesiton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjkim1232

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do I have to completely fill out the entire application at the same time?...or can I take days/weeks to complete the online application?

Members don't see this ad.

it's takes some time to fill it all in so go ahead and get a start on it

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the helpful replies.

I've got one more question though:

If my transcripts get to ADEA before I submit my application online...will they discard my transcripts or will this be ok?

Also, if they hold onto my transcripts and wait for my application, will the fact that I my transcripts arrived before my application delay the processing time?

I plan on submitting my application online on or near July 15th and I was trying to figure out when I should go make request for transcripts at the schools I've attended.

Thank You again for the help!

They HAVE to get your transcripts in before you can apply, you can't apply without them. As long as you've created an application on the website, send your transcripts ASAP.

go ahead and send in all your transcripts, AADSAS won't throw them out just because you haven't e-submitted yet. Remember before you send in transcripts, you have to create an AADSAS account to print off the matching transcript forums so they can match them to your application. However, AADSAS will not start process your application (verify your grades) until your transcripts arrive AND you have e-submitted (paid). Get it done asap because AADSAS will start to slow down with the flood of applications coming in soon

If I were you I would get that application submitted ASAP before everyone else in the world so you have a better chance.

Thank You all for the helpful replies!

I was told by my counselor at school that since my GPA is poor (I am currently working on a Masters in Bio because of my poor undergrad GPA), I should wait until the middle of July to apply because he believes that if my application is in a group with the more highly qualified applicants (assuming the early applicants are generally highly qualified), then it would be easier to reject my application, especially since I won't be taking my DAT until the end of August.

While I've also heard it to be beneficial to apply early, especially for those with low GPAs, I figured what he said kinda made sense also. So, because I figured middle of July isn't "late," I figured I take the next two weeks to get my application finished.

What do you guys think?

Also, I could really use some help on writing my Personal statement...I am having trouble actually coming up with anyhting.

Thanks Everyone!!

Thank You all for the helpful replies!

I was told by my counselor at school that since my GPA is poor (I am currently working on a Masters in Bio because of my poor undergrad GPA), I should wait until the middle of July to apply because he believes that if my application is in a group with the more highly qualified applicants (assuming the early applicants are generally highly qualified), then it would be easier to reject my application, especially since I won't be taking my DAT until the end of August.

While I've also heard it to be beneficial to apply early, especially for those with low GPAs, I figured what he said kinda made sense also. So, because I figured middle of July isn't "late," I figured I take the next two weeks to get my application finished.

What do you guys think?

Also, I could really use some help on writing my Personal statement...I am having trouble actually coming up with anyhting.

Thanks Everyone!!

so which is better? if you're not one of the "top" most applicaints should you purposly delay your apps so it isn't with the high profile group? I never heard that before...I always hear APPLY EARLY! so is this thing that his counselor said really true?